An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Executive Chef to lead a team, to deliver excellence across several prestigious Conference and Events Venues in Belfast.
At this level you will be required to:
- Liaise with Head Chefs, Senior Head Chefs and Management regarding what is required in their designated areas of control
- Manage and deliver full menu to large or multiple sites to required specification
- Supervise and manage Junior and Senior Chefs to ensure they are fully compliant and knowledgeable within their designated work area
- Produce and deliver to required standards ensuring all costs are considered for labour, food and disposable orders, portion control and hot plate wastage.
- Responsible for developing team, monitoring performance of staff using appropriate measures and timely feedback.
- Checks food quality and ensures food production is in line with departmental specifications, bringing any concerns to the attention of the Management Team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ideally you will have 4 year's experience working within a busy kitchen in a similar quality establishment.
- Hold NVQ 3 (or equivalent) in food preparation and cooking.
- Qualified to Level 3 in Food Safety (or be willing to undertake training to obtain).
- Minimum 2 to 5 years as a manager in a full service (table service with full bar) restaurant.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Can do attitude with high energy.
- Commercial acumen.
- Customer focused to deliver excellent service.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be dependable, reliable and self-motivated.
Have the willingness to learn new skills, which includes the Groups IT systems and be able to develop within the experienced culinary team
- 25 days holiday as well as Bank Holidays (pro-rata) in first employment year
- Group Personal Pension
- Staff meal allowance
- Uniform will be provided
- Option of Private health care, and training and development opportunities.
- Permanent Contract
- 40 hours per week
- Salary - £40,000
- A flexible approach to working hours required
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.