F/t temp Project Support Officer required for Leading Public Sector Organisation based in Lisburn.
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB:
As a member of the Economic Development Team the post holder will be required:
- To assist the Economic Development team by providing project support to facilitate the delivery of the Council's Economic Development Strategy.
- To assist the unit staff in the effective administration, co-ordination and delivery of projects.
- To assume additional duties as reasonably determined by the appropriate Officer and participate in interchange of duties to cover for sickness, annual leave and staff vacancies.
- To assist the unit staff in the effective co-ordination, administration and delivery of projects to fulfil the remit of the Council's Economic Development Strategy. To assist in the development of consistent project standards and methodologies and to ensure that appropriate project management processes, procedures and guidelines are followed.
- To ensure compliance with all administration of project expenditure including monitoring and reporting of same, processing of all relevant documentation, required by internal finance/audit staff and external grant awarding bodies. To undertake monitoring visits to external bodies to ensure compliance with processes and guidance.
- To administer the collation and production of accurate financial reports relating to performance and budgetary management, in line with Council financial procedures as outlined in the Accounting Manual.
- To assist in the development and maintenance of any required records, databases and information systems in the unit and provide reports as required for unit staff
- To undertake research, as directed, on economic issues to support the development of targeted projects and programmes of work.
- To support Officers in maintaining the appropriate Council online platforms including social media and in developing promotional materials for projects.
- To support the Economic Development team in organising and managing events appropriate to the service.
- To provide general project administration support including preparing presentations, procuring goods and/or services.
- To comply with Council policies and procedures and operate within the highest standards of personal behaviour, which reflect the core values and behaviours of the organisation.
- To ensure the provision of high standards of customer care within the delivery of project support services to the unit and promote the service effectively and communicate in a way, which enhances and promotes the public image and overall reputation of the Council.
The post holder should be aware that the responsibilities and functional areas of the post may be subject to change as a result of organisational change. The Council therefore reserves the right to change the duties of the post by adding to or amending the range of functional responsibilities. The post holder will be required to be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs and requirements of the organisation.
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
- Applicants must at a minimum hold at least two A Levels (Grades A-C) or NVQ Level III or equivalent qualifications.
Three years employment experience in at least three of the following areas:
- Assisting in the delivery of funded projects, including financial administration and monitoring; and liaison with funders
- Undertaking research to inform the development of projects and programmes of work
- Designing, Planning and Co-Ordinating the delivery of events such as workshops; information sessions etc
- Undertaking marketing and communication activities to promote activities through social media and printed media.
Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in 1 above, they must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years' experience as above.
- A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car
Have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post. (Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.)
Salary £12.00 per hr
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICANTS FRIDAY 30TH SEPTEMBER