F/t temp City Centre Development Officer required for Leading Public Sector Organisation based in Lisburn.
Key Purpose of Job:
As a member of the Economic Development Team the post holder will be required:
- To be responsible to the Regeneration & Infrastructure Manager for the implementation and project management of the Council's strategic programme of City Centre Management activity.
- To deputise for the Regeneration & Infrastructure Manager as required.
- To assume additional duties as reasonably determined by the Regeneration & Infrastructure Manager and participate in interchange of duties to cover for sickness, annual leave and staff vacancies.
- To assist in the delivery of strategic and operational City Centre Management projects in accordance with the Council's Regeneration Strategy to support the achievement of key performance indicators in relation to increased footfall; reduced vacancy rates; increased profile and effective stakeholder engagement in Lisburn City Council.
- To have a visible presence in the City Centre to ensure appropriate levels of work with City Centre stakeholders, partner organisations and groups to enhance the delivery of City Centre projects. To support the Regeneration & Infrastructure Manager by representing the Council in discussions with relevant agencies and private sector organisations, including Property Developers, Northern Ireland Housing Executive, Government Departments etc. and to represent the Council on external bodies and committees as appropriate.
- To manage and continuously develop the council's bespoke City Centre Performance Management System and carry out trend analysis and prepare reports for use by the Economic Development Unit; Council and committees.
- To comply with operating procedures and financial control systems in accordance with external funding requirements, the council's financial regulations as set out in the Accounting Manual and departmental monitoring systems and processing all relevant documentation and conditions required by grant awarding bodies.
- Assist the Regeneration & Infrastructure Manager to monitor income and expenditure targets set as part of the Annual Budget Estimates, and in assessing and controlling these against programme performance.
- To directly line manage appropriate City Centre Management staff including City Centre Marketing Officer; Project Support Officer; City Centre Ranger.
- In consultation with the Regeneration & Infrastructure Manager and Human Resources participate in recruitment and training in accordance with Council strategies and policies.
- Ensure compliance with Council policies and procedures and operate within the highest standards of management and personal behaviour, which reflect the core values and behaviours of the organisation.
- Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery and in the employment of staff through the mainstreaming of equality within the Council.
- Ensure the provision of high standards of customer care across the City Centre Management Service provided by the Unit and promote and manage the service effectively and communicate in a way, which enhances and promotes the public image and overall reputation of the Council.
Note: The post holder should be aware that the responsibilities and functional areas of the post may be subject to change as a result of organisational change. The council therefore reserves the right to change the duties of the post by adding to or amending the range of functional responsibilities. The post holder will be required to be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs and requirements of the organisation.
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
Applicants must be at a minimum hold a third level qualification e.g. HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, a degree or equivalent
Three years employment experience in all of the following areas:
- Assisting in the delivery of project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation in a City Centre Management Service or similar environment.
- Working in partnership with other agencies and organisations to deliver projects
- Management of budgets in excess of £100,000
- Ability to pro-actively deal with contentious and complex issues during delivery of strategic projects
- Delivery of PR/Marketing initiatives on behalf of and in partnership with private sector
- Delivery of projects involving public or European funding
Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in 1 above, they must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years' experience as above
A full current driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car
Have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post. (Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act)
Salary £15.04 per hr
Closing date for applicants Friday 30th September