F/t temp Credit Controller required for leading Public Sector organisation based in Lisburn.
to manage the efficient and effective operation of the accounts receivable function, credit control and debtors ledger ensuring that processes are implemented to comply with the Council's cash handling and credit control procedures, adhering to strict deadlines and ensure confidentiality is maintained in all issues relating to the work of the Council.
Duties will include:
- Manage new customer account applications in accordance with the Council's cash handling & credit control procedures, ensuring correct completion of application forms, gathering accurate information and confirming these are authorised by the correct officers before processing onto the council financial software, liaising with departments when accounts are set up with unique customer account reference.
- To ensure that all sales invoices are raised accurately on receipt of authorised invoice requests checking these are correctly signed and coded, within a strict time frame in line with the Council's cash handling and credit control procedures
- To formally review debts on an monthly basis providing a summary to include debtor's balances, cash receipts, old debts and recovery action plans. Circulation to all departmental managers 90 day debt reports.
- To investigate any returned BACS processing reports and communication with departments to ensure these are followed up and payment is received.
- Responsible for providing year-end assistance, processing and reconciliations in relation to the preparation of year-end accounts within the stipulated time frame as set by the Director of Finance
MUST HAVE AT LEAST 2 YRS CREDIT CONTROL/SIMILAR EXPERIENCE.
Salary £9.18 per hr