F/T temp (approx. 31st March 2018) Economic Development Officer required for Public Sector organisation based in Lisburn.
The post-holder may not perform all of the listed duties and/or may be required to perform additional or different duties from those set forth below to address business needs and changing business practices.
- Assist in the delivery of business development projects and programmes in accordance with the Council's economic development strategy.
- Provide quality business services through the efficient and effective use of Council resources. This will include the monitoring the achievement of all targets, annual objectives and performance indicators, improvement plans and project evaluations.
- Liaise with all appropriate external organisations, including in particular third party project delivery agents, and internal staff to ensure all strategic and operational matters are dealt with efficiently.
- To comply with operating procedures and financial control systems in accordance with external funding requirements, the Council's financial regulations as set out in the Accounting Manual and departmental monitoring systems and processing all relevant documentation and conditions required by grant awarding bodies.
- Assist the Economic Development Manager to monitor income and expenditure targets set as part of the Annual Budget Estimates, and in assessing and controlling these against programme performance.
- Provision of advice, information and practical support on accessing grants, programmes and funds for local businesses, key stakeholders and officers of the Council. Maintain and develop the profile of the Economic Development Service through ongoing marketing and communications activities and events.
- In consultation with the Economic Development Manager and Human Resources participate in recruitment and training in accordance with Council strategies and policies.
- To line manage appropriate Economic Development staff including Project Support Officers, Clerical Officer and/or Economic Development Placement students.
- To deputise for the Economic Development Manager on any relevant Committee, group/company within and outside the City as deemed appropriate by the Economic Development Manager as well as fostering appropriate collaborative relationships and partnerships. Develop and enhance working relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders to maximise corporate and community planning outcomes and to generate innovation in service delivery.
- To initiate, manage, deliver and present appropriate research projects in the field of local Economic Development. To provide regular and ad-hoc reports to the Council and Council Officers on any aspect of Economic Development.
- To ensure compliance with all Health & Safety legislation, published relevant guidelines and Council Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with in relation to the relevant services and activities.
- Ensure compliance with Council policies and procedures and operate within the highest standards of management and personal behaviour, which reflect the core values and behaviours of the organisation.
- Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery and in the employment of staff through the mainstreaming of equality within the Council.
- Ensure the provision of high standards of customer care across all the services provided by the Unit and promote and manage the service effectively and communicate in a way, which enhances and promotes the public image and overall reputation of the Council.
The post holder should be aware that the responsibilities and functional areas of the post may be subject to change as a result of organisational change. The Council therefore reserves the right to change the duties of the post by adding to or amending the range of functional responsibilities. The post holder will be required to be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs and requirements of the organisation.
A third level qualification (for example, NVQ Level 4 or Degree) or equivalent.
A minimum of three years employment experience in each of the following areas:
- Assisting in the delivery of Local Economic Development Programmes, with a focus on enterprise and business development involving Public or European funding of a minimum of £100,000.
- Provision of business advice and information to SMEs, start up and growth, and completion of business diagnostics and assessments of need
- Financial management, analysis and reporting.
- Planning, monitoring and evaluation of economic development projects, in particular enterprise and business development.
- Experience of developing and implementing PR and marketing initiatives for Economic Development projects.
- Market research activities for the development of economic development initiatives, including identifying external funding opportunities.
Salary £15.20 per hr