F/t temp Good Relations Officer required for local Public Sector Organisation based in Castlereagh.
To develop the Good Relations Programme funded by the Office of the First and Deputy First Ministers. The post holder will be required to research needs and identify suitable projects and develop these in conjunction with other statutory and voluntary agencies.
Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained.
- 3rd level qualification in Community Development, Youth Work or Social Science and at least 1 years experience in Community Development/Good Relations environment to include each of the following:
- Organising Community Projects/Programmes
- Working with a diverse range of communities
- Monitoring and evaluating community Programmes
- Completing financial returns and progress reports to funding bodies
- Full current driving licence and access to a car/ or access to a form of transport to enable the duties of the post to be carried out in full
- Knowledge of current issues in community relations within Northern Ireland
- Oral & Written communication skills
- Report writing
- Negotiation & facilitation skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to work 37 hrs per week which may include evenings and weekends
- Degree in Community Development, Youth & Community Work or other relevant discipline & at least 2 years experience in a Community Development/Good Relations environment
- Experience of assessing grants and completing grant applications and budgetary control
- Knowledge of current issues in community Development within Northern Ireland such as:
- Human Rights
- Conflict Resolution
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and voluntary bodies
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICANTS TUESDAY 2ND AUGUST @ 10 AM
Salary £13.18 per hr