F/T Temp Home Assessment Officer required for Leading Public Sector Organisation based in Lisburn.
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB:
The post holder will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of the Affordable Warmth scheme delivering domestic energy efficiency improvement measures through the planning, preparation and completion of programmed household surveys, the management and assessment of evidence based criteria checks and the promotion of energy efficiency information for vulnerable and/or socially isolated households to ensure they avail of assistance and other relevant agencies as targeted across the area.
- To undertake programmed household surveys and eligibility criteria checks across isolated and socially deprived areas utilising lone working methods and out of business hours work patterns to ensure the delivery of the Affordable Warmth Scheme.
- To manage individual work schedules including the preparation and planning of the survey work and the administrative requirements in this regard.
- To carry out and assist applicants with evidence based eligibility checks involving the assessment and validation of personal details to include proof of occupation, proof of ownership/tenancy and proof of household income on behalf of the NIHE and vulnerable applicants to expedite the effective processing of Affordable Warmth Scheme applications.
- To identify and provide information to those households who are hard to reach and are at most risk of home accidents, fuel poverty, fear of crime and isolation including those within minority stakeholder groups and to provide information and service requests for advice on energy efficiency, home safety, home security, health and wellbeing through the provision of leaflets, talks and presentations to groups including community, voluntary and representational groups.
- To liaise with a range of project stakeholders to establish an awareness of the availability of energy efficiency measures, home safety and security aids, appliances and available information and to work with relevant agencies and organisations including NIHE, NI Energy Agency, Public Health Agency, WHSCT, ROSPA, Local Home Accident Prevention Groups, PCSP, to help reduce fuel poverty, home accidents, fear of crime and improve health and wellbeing ensuring a co-ordination of services and an onward referral system
- To liaise with the Programme Co-Ordinator on the management and referrals of the scheme on a daily / weekly basis as required, and provide updates on all work undertaken and identify any issues of concern which may arise as part of the survey work and eligibility assessment.
- To assist in the effective delivery of the Programme and develop such procedures and processes as may be required to ensure compliance with the DSD project operational requirements and liaise with local Building Control Service Units on technical application compliance and with the NIHE on eligibility status of the applicant as may be required.
- To carry out Administrative, coordination and compliance tasks
- To maintain all appropriate written and electronics records as required, ensuring all data collected is securely held in accordance with Data Protection requirements.
- To be proactive in future scheme developments to create efficiencies in delivery and to improve effectiveness of referrals to NIHE
- Two A level passes at grade A-C, or equivalent, or NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Three years' experience in a customer service environment dealing directly with members of the public
- Three years' general clerical/administrative experience to include word processing experience.
Where applicants do not hold the essential qualifications, they must demonstrate a minimum of two GCSEs or equivalent and five years' experience as outlined above.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you feel that you meet the essential criteria, please contact Tanya lyttle on 028 9266 7585 or apply by sending your CV.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
028 9266 7585