F/T temp Marketing Officer required for leading Public Sector Organisation based in Lisburn.
KEY PURPOSE OF JOB:
As a member of the Marketing & Communications team the post holder will be required to provide a full range of marketing communications and PR support to the Council and its departments ensuring that all activity is in keeping with the Council's Corporate Strategy and delivered in accordance with the procedures of the Council. The post holder may assume other duties relevant to the post as required to address changing business needs and requirements.
- Contribute to the marketing policies of the Council; and work in partnership with Council departments on the creation, development and implementation of marketing plans. Liaise with relevant bodies, agencies and interests in generating and co-ordinating marketing activity that will achieve the aims of the Council
- Provide editorial content, press releases, statements and photographs (including the supervision of associated photocalls), which promote Council policies, plans and activities; and add to the Council's website and social media. Provide editorial content into and co-ordinate the production and distribution of corporate publications, ensuring a clear and consistent corporate message. Draft speeches as required and respond to press and media enquiries under the direction of the Head of Service.
- Represent the Marketing and Communications Unit on inter-departmental committees. To be responsible for organising and promoting Council events in association with other Council Officers and external organisations.
- To administer all projects within an agreed budget and adhere to the Council's financial procedures. Identify and assist with new service product development.
- Utilise the Council's web resources including social media platforms to the full extent for all projects in the development of the Council's internet /Intranet sites.
Responsibilities - also include;
- Ensure compliance with Council policies and procedures and operate within the highest standards of management and personal behaviour, which reflect the core values and behaviours of the organisation.
- Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery and in the employment of staff through the mainstreaming of equality within the Council.
- Ensure the provision of high standards of customer care across all the services provided by the Unit and promote and manage the service effectively and communicate in a way, which enhances and promotes the public image and overall reputation of the Council.
- Develop and enhance working relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders to maximise corporate and community planning outcomes and to generate innovation in service delivery.
The postholder should be aware that the responsibilities and functional areas of the post may be subject to change as a result of organisational change. The Council therefore reserves the right to change the duties of the post by adding to or amending the range of functional responsibilities. The post holder will be required to be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs and requirements of the organisation.
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
- A degree or Chartered Institute of Marketing Diploma
3 year's employment experience to include:
- preparation and production of publications
- co-ordination and management of events
- preparation of Marketing plans and reports
- preparation of press releases and supervision of photocells.
Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in 1
- If the post holder does not hold the stated qualifications, six years relevant work experience above, they must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years' experience as above.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Available for work immediately
Current driving licence and access to a car
OR - have access to transport for use in connection with the duties of the post (Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act)
- A degree in a relevant discipline i.e. Business Studies,Marketing or Communications.
- Experience in Marketing in the public sector
- Experience in managing a budget.
- Experience in the use of social media as a marketing tool.
Salary £15.80 per hr