F/T temp Payroll Clerk required for leading Public Sector organisation based in Lisburn.
Duties will include:
- Carry out calculation and payment of remuneration of wages, salaries, remuneration of relevant gross pays, to include payment of allowances, expenses, travel claims and subsistence and ensure all amounts of Income Tax and National Insurance are deducted in accordance with the current Government rates/tax codes and remitted appropriately by due dates.
- Ensure the following are completed and calculated accurately:Statutory deductions and payments, such as SSP, SMP, Student Loans, are in accordance with current rates, complete claims for entitlement and refunds.
- Other non-statutory deductions and payments, such as Trade Union subscriptions, charitable donations, childcare schemes are reconciled and forwarded to the appropriate body within set deadlines.
- Employee/employer Superannuation contributions are accurately calculated and remitted to NILGOSC within the set deadlines
- Create, run and agree totals on BACS Listings to calculations listings for processing of remuneration of relevant groups, in accordance with set deadlines and procedures.
- Carry out administration for new starts, leavers, secondments, transfers and amendments to employee records and documentation.
- Provide effective advice and support to the Departments on generalist payroll issues at an advisory level.
- Provide support and advice to line managers in relation to the implementation of Payroll related policies and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of Monthly and Year End Reports, reconcile and balance related spreadsheets.
- Assist in preparing reports and statistical returns.
- Liaise and communicate with all external and internal customers.
- Liaise with the other Human Resources Advisors - (Payroll) in delivering the day to day service requirements within the Payroll function, as required.
- Assume a range of Payroll generalist responsibilities at an advisory level to include the following;-
- Provide advice and support to line managers on Payroll issues;
- Provide advice and guidance on all relevant legislation and national, regional and local conditions of service;
- Develop, maintain and test the Human Resources and Payroll; Information Systems, as required;
- Provide cover for the other Human Resources Assistants - Payroll, as required.
- At least 3 yrs experience processing payroll for a workforce of 250 or more
- 5 GCSE's at grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Competent numerical and financial skills
Salary £10.49 per hr
Candidates who meet the criteria should email CVs to email@example.com