F/T Temp Procurement Officer required for a leading Public Sector Organisation based in Lisburn.
Salary: £12.13 per hr
Key Purpose of the Job:
- Contribute to the delivery of the sections Business Plan and the Corporate Plan
- Provide assistance advice to the relevant Officers on all procurement matters including, tendering, quotations, and other procurement matters in accordance with the organisation's policy and legislation
- Advise officers on specifications and the appropriate procurement route for quotations and tenders; issuing appropriate approvals in accordance with the procedures and all relevant legislation
- Advise officers on the evaluation, negotiation and recommendation of tenders to the appropriate committee; issuing appropriate approvals in accordance with the procedures and all relevant legislation
- Provision of procurement advice to officers on policies, procedures and compliance with the Public Contract Regulations and all other relevant legislation
- Maintain and update procurement information on the website, intranet and online procurement portal. Maintain a comprehensive centralised filing and information system in relation to procurement
- 2 A-Levels (grades A-C), plus NVQ Level 3 or equivalent
- Three years relevant employment experience in procurement/purchasing gained in each of the following areas:
- Provision of advice and guidance on procurement matters
- Practical application of purchasing/procurement legislation
- Co-ordinating the process of tenders and quotations
Where applicants do not hold the qualifications as outlined in 1 above, they must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years' experience as above
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you meet the essential criteria, please send your CV across or contact Tanya Lyttle on 028 9266 7585.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
028 9266 7585