P/T Wed,Thur,Fri) Temp Tourism Development Officer required for leading Public Sector Organisation based in Lisburn.
- To assist the Tourism Development Manager in the delivery of the tourism development strategy for the City and, where appropriate, manage, implement and monitor any associated projects arising from the strategy.
- The key focus of this post will be to seek external funding opportunities for product development, marketing the tourism offering, and assist in the delivery of Councils Tourism events portfolio.
- The post holder may undertake additional duties relevant to the post as reasonably assigned by the Tourism Development Manager including participation in interchange of duties to cover sickness, annual leave, staff vacancies etc.
- The post holder will deputise for the Tourism Development Manager as required.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist in the management and evaluation of all projects as directed by the Tourism Development Manager as outcomes of the Tourism Development Strategy and assist with the management and implementation of new innovative and creative product development initiatives.
- To assist the Tourism Development Manager to investigate and action opportunities for new funding from Europe and various external funding bodies involving the preparation and presentation of suitable funding applications, business plans and associated documentation as appropriate on an ongoing basis.
- To ensure the collation and production of service and performance information, including information and reports for the Council, or fund providers using appropriate data and statistics.
- To comply with operating procedures and financial control systems in accordance with external funding requirements, the Council's financial regulations and departmental monitoring systems and processing of all relevant documentation required by grant awarding bodies. Participate in recruitment and training initiatives in accordance with Council strategies and policies.
- To assist in the liaison and manage relationships with all elements of the Tourism industry and to ensure a co-ordinated approach to the development and marketing of the City as a tourist destination at local, regional and international level. Research and make recommendations for new marketing platforms for better promotion of the area, including digital marketing and the role of social media.
- To assist the Tourism Development Manager with the implementation of a programme of high quality, relevant and targeted Tourism initiatives, events and festivals in accordance with the agreed Tourism Strategy.
- To represent the Council on any relevant Committee, group/company within and outside the City that will attract Tourism to the City within the Tourism Strategy Framework, e.g. Northern Ireland Tourist Board product marketing group.
- Assist the Tourism Development Manager in the preparation of Annual Budget Estimates of income and expenditure, and in monitoring, assessing and controlling these against performance and provide regular and ad hoc reports (verbal and written) on any aspect of Tourism Development.
- Ensure all Health & Safety legislation, published relevant guidelines and Council Health & Safety policies and procedures are complied with in relation to the services and activities within the facility.
- 3rd level qualification HND, NVQ Level 4, Degree or equivalent (Marketing,Tourism, Business)
Minimum of 3 years employment experience in each of the following areas:
- Assisting in the delivery of Tourism Development Projects
- Tourism Marketing experience which should include at least four of the following six media - TV, radio, press releases, photo shoots, website/social media and creating event literature.
- Collation and presentation of financial information
- Managing, monitoring and evaluation of tourism projects
Where applicants do not hold the essential qualifications they must demonstrate a minimum of 5 years experience
- Applicants must hold a full current driving licence and access to a car. *Or have access to a means of transport which would enable you to carry out the duties of the post* applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
Salary £15.04 per hr
Candidates who meet the criteria should email CVs to email@example.com