Facilities and Safety Officer
Facilities Management & Environmental, Occupational Health & safety Management Regime - managing all sustainability & environmental activities within the stadium including occupational health and safety of staff and contractors.
- Environmental, Occupational Health & safety Management Regime - managing all sustainability & environmental activities within the stadium including occupational health and safety of staff and contractors.
- Project Safety on all facilities projects, working with the assigned project manager and maintaining contractors permit to work system.
- Facilities Safety: managing facilities in respect of environmental and safety impacts that arise within the facility including utilities.
- As Safety Officer, fulfil the role as Stadium Safety Officer as defined in the Code of Practice for Safety at Sports Grounds.
- Carry out detailed investigations in relation to all accidents, incidents and insurance claims.
- Organise emergency and contingency planning, safety training, inductions and safety exercises.
- Deputise for Event and Safety Manager on all event safety and occupational safety matters and ensure compliance with relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Contractor Management: non match day management of contractors in relation to safety and environmental aspects, including insurance and compliance with house rules. Match day cleaning contact and waste management contract.
- Event management- operational development of events and events operations.
- The Job Holder will also undertake any other such projects or responsibilities as deemed appropriate by their Manager.
- Oversee and manage integrated management system for ISO standards and OHSAS 18001.
Experience and Skills Required:
- 3rd Level Qualification in Occupational H&S
- Proven experience in a Health and safety Role
- Demonstrate experience of carrying out risk assessments and audits
- Must be a strong team player who proactively contributes to the objectives of the whole team
- A self-motivated individual who attains to deliver on objectives to achieve excellent results
- Takes ownership of issues, provides the right solution and keeps stakeholders up to date with progress
- Excellent attention to detail while at all times acting in the best interests of the organisation as a whole