Location: Co. Antrim
My client is a leading, global brand in the FMCG/food sector and one of Ireland's most reputable companies. With multiple sites in Ireland they are a recognised household name. They are looking for a factory Manager for their County Antrim site. The successful candidate will be financially and commercially aware in order to drive business and achieve results.
Reporting to: General Manager
Responsibilities & Duties
- Directing and developing the management team
- Budget responsibility for the area
- To maximise labour utilisation namely reducing absenteeism, labour turnover, and reviewing shift structures, flexibility and holiday planning
- Agency Labour to be optimised and utilised at the most efficient levels and to the most cost effective model. Review numbers and spend levels
- To work within the site Health and Safety plan to provide a safe environment for all operatives to work in
- Responsible for Profit improvement project delivery
- Ensure that the arrangements made by the Company to secure the Health and Safety of employees are implemented
- Ensure that all persons in your department are trained and given such information, instruction and supervision as may be necessary to enable them to work safely, without injury to health
- Ensure that all substances under your management have suitable and sufficient risk assessments (COSHH) completed (if appropriate), are stored in the correct manner and that copies of all COSHH assessments are passed to the Health and Safety for inclusion in the COSHH Manual.
- Continually seek to develop safe practices and safe systems of work
- Set an example in safe behaviour
- Ensure that good housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained throughout your areas of responsibility
- Ensure that appropriate remedial action is taken in respect of all reported defects and complaints relating to Health and Safety.
- Ensure full honest co-operation with the appointed Safety Representatives where appointed, in matters relating to Health and Safety.
- Ensure full co-operation with HR Manager and appointed claims investigator in matters relating to employers liability claims
- Ensure that at least 4 times per year, systematic and comprehensive safety inspections are carried out throughout your departments/areas. A copy of the report must be submitted to site's Health and Safety Advisor. Corrective action must be implemented on the basis of all written reports and on other performance indicators.
- 5+ years proven managerial experience operating at a senior level within a Manufacturing Environment
- Proven track record in innovation and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proven people management skills i.e. coaching, developing team, performance management
- Exceptionally strong leadership skills
- Self motivated
- Third level Degree ( preferred but not essential)
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Glenda on 02890 323333