Temporary Part time Lecturer required for a local government organisation based in Enniskillen.
Starting 7th September 2017 - 30th June 2017
3 days per week
Pay rate 0-12 weeks £9.25ph increasing to £15.24ph from week 13+
Duties will include
- Planning, organising and delivering education / training / lifelong learning sessions in line with the required standards;
- Preparing information handouts / teaching materials required to develop the students / trainees / lifelong learning participants in the skills and knowledge relating to the subject area;
- Planning, marking and recording assessments within agreed deadlines;
- Assessing the ability of the student/trainee/ lifelong learning participants;
- Evaluating assessment results and providing feedback to students/ trainees/ lifelong learning programme participants;
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Codes of Practice and other College protocols at all times;
- Attending all meetings as required associated with the management of the course and provide feedback to Programme Managers as appropriate.
In order to discharge the duties of the post, the successful candidates will be required to implement safe systems of work when teaching farriery students in a practical setting dealing with horses and metal
As per the protocol.
Successful applicants need to have achieved the Diploma of the Worshipful Company of Farriers qualification
Preference will be given to candidates with:-
Associate of the Worshipful Company of Farriers
Forgework skills are essential and may be assessed to confirm that the person possesses the necessary skills to discharge the duties of the post.
Experience of delivery of educational programmes
**Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Clearance at the cost of £33**
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS FRIDAY 21ST JULY AT 5PM