Full time Finance Administrator required on a temporary basis for a Public Sector organisation based in Belfast £8.42 PH.
Role: Finance Administrator
Rate of Pay: £8.42 per hour
Hours: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
Duration: ASAP 6 - 8 weeks possibly longer
- At all times provide a caring service and treat those with whom they come into contact in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Comply with the Client's No Smoking Policy.
- Comply with the client's Code of Conduct.
- To ensure that appropriate manual and computerised financial records, ledgers and cheque journals are maintained.
- To maintain appropriate filing systems for financial and administrative records.
- To undertake the collection, processing and lodgement of monies received and the payment of accounts as appropriate.
- To undertake the coding, processing and recording of incoming and outgoing invoices using appropriate computer packages.
- To undertake the processing of petty cash requisitions.
- To assist the Finance Manager in the provision of financial information for funders, budget holders and management.
- To prepare monthly bank reconciliations.
- To provide support to the Finance Manager during audit visits.
- To contribute to the overall evaluation of the organisation.
- To adhere to all policies and procedures laid down within the Organisation's Staff Handbook
- To publicise and promote the aims and objectives of the organisation.
- To participate in minuted staff, team and project meetings on a regular basis and undertake training when necessary.
- Observe and carry out health and safety procedures in respect of oneself, colleagues and the public
- Hold a recognised finance or bookkeeping qualification
- Have a commitment to personal development
- Two years' full time experience in a finance administration role.
- One years' experience using Sage Line 50 Accounts
- A high level of computer literacy in using Microsoft Excel and Word
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- A moderate level of computer literacy in all other Microsoft Office packages, i.e. Outlook, Access and PowerPoint, and use of the Internet.
- Good organisational skills and be able to priorities
- Good administrative skills including the ability to maintain and update records and files
- Ability to work under pressure, adapt and respond to changing demands and time deadlines.
- Acceptable attendance record
- General good health to meet the demands of the post
- A positive attitude towards young people and their experiences.
- Willingness to work with all genders, creeds and races.
- Willingness to work evenings or weekends if required.
- A current, full driving licence, valid in the UK, with access to a car and be willing to work regionally across Northern Ireland. (This criterion will be waived in the case of an applicant whose disability prohibits driving, but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements.)
- An understanding of voluntary organisations in Northern Ireland
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE THURSDAY 5th April at 5.30pm.