Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Finance Analyst to start ASAP for a duration until March 2018
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £7.50p/h
13+ week's £9.30p/h
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Applicant would ideally be:
An accounting technician OR
Part qualified management accountant OR
Part qualified accountant OR
Have extensive demonstrable experience in the relevant area.
- Produce, quality assure and issue monthly cost centre reports and reports on ear marked funds and special projects;
- Design and produce ad hoc reports and new financial reports as required to meet budget holder and key stakeholder needs;
- Provide support and advice to budget holders either directly or via Business Partners, answering queries, taking corrective action and making recommendations regarding coding, profiling etc.;
- Implement agreed changes to budget management system and processes;
- Assist with financial and non financial analysis to explain significant income and expenditure variances;
- Support in the financial analysis required for sectorial benchmarking;
- Produce written reports to support financial analysis;
- Assist with project management and prepare financial and other analysis for projects such as investment appraisal / economic appraisals, business plans, efficiency plans etc.; and
- Assist in production of written elements of business plans, appraisals, efficiency plans e.g. business case templates.
- To undertake activities to assist other teams within the Finance function as and when required;
- To drive continuous improvement and to promote a culture of innovation in support services, through reviewing processes, systems and ways of working to ensure efficient and effective service delivery;
- Completion of administrative tasks
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE MONDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER AT 10AM