Finance Assistant required in Newry Co.Down 37 hours per week in a temporary placement until 31st July 2016 (Please note this may be extended)
The post holder will report to and support the Finance Supervisor, to provide a comprehensive and efficient financial service across the area of work, which meets the needs of the Client, regulatory authorities and statutory agencies.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant financial reports as required.
- Data input to, retrieval from a range of Management Information Systems, as required
- Assist the Financial Supervisor in the provision of advice, with external assistance if required on various financial matters.
- Ensure that all transactions within the relevant section are processed in accordance with Regulations.
- Ensure codes on invoices received and payable are accurate and reflect the client's accounting structure.
- Liaise with and provide advice to external and internal stakeholders in relation to the area of responsibility as appropriate, for example Customers, Suppliers, Contractors, Purchasing department and internal staff etc. Provide information to auditors as appropriate.
- Responsible for updating and reviewing suppliers, customers and client details for internal and external stakeholders.
- Raise nominal ledger journals as required.
- Maintain systems and records to ensure the efficient fulfilment of the function and provision of appropriate audit trails.
- Verify annual stock takes of allocated departments.
- Issue to Credit Notes where appropriate.
- Responsible for cash intake and issuing of manual and computer receipts, including visa card transactions.
- Update cash/receipts data to computer and reconcile input data to computer output.
- Maintain Bank Lodgement files, preparation of bank lodgements, including monies from various departments, summarising receipts and preparing analysis of income.
- Deal with telephone calls, desk enquiries, screen and redirect callers as necessary.
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail: date stamping, recording, distributing and filing.
- Provide administrative support in the finance section, in the area of responsibility as allocated by the Finance Supervisor and be accountable to the Finance Supervisor for the effective development and delivery of the relevant area of responsibility
- Review / maintain Purchase Ledger for supplier details, turnover, outstanding invoices etc., dealing with customers as required
- Preparation of payment run and creation of BACS, cheque payments and Payment Listing reports
- Responsible for the management of the Petty Cash System in accordance
The list of duties must not be considered comprehensive nor exhaustive. They are simply a summary of the main duties / responsibilities that the post holder will be required to undertake.
- Grade C or above in at least 4 GCSEs or equivalent, two of which must include GCSE English Language or equivalent and GCSE in a numerate subject or equivalent - Essential Criteria
- Have 2 years' relevant experience in a finance department/office to include Accounts Receivable (Debtors)/ Accounts Payable (Creditors) / Wages or similar experience - Essential Criteria
OR in lieu of qualifications:
- 3 years' relevant experience in a finance department / office to include Accounts Receivable (Debtors) / Accounts Payable (Creditors) / Wages or similar experience (i.e. experience may be accepted in lieu of academic qualifications) - Essential Criteria
- At least 6 months' experience of working with Management Information System/s - Essential Criteria
- At least 6 months' experience in a finance department/office to include Accounts Payable at level relevant to post - Desirable Criteria
- Competent in the use of the range of Microsoft office applications, including Microsoft Excel - Essential Criteria
If you meet all of the above criteria and available for this temporary assignment please submit your cv to email@example.com by Friday 6th May 2016 @ 4pm. CV's submitted after this time will not be considered.