Finance Assistant 29.5 hours per week
Lisburn, Co Antrim
Located in Lisburn, our public sector client requires a Finance Assistant specialising in Creditors covering Finance and IT Departments.
As a member of the Finance & IT Unit the postholder will be required to:
- Responsible for processing creditors invoices in accordance with procedures and responsible to all queries arising.
- The post holder may assume additional duties relevant to the post as reasonably assigned by the Finance Officer - Transaction Support to meet changing business needs and requirements.
- Preparing and processing of Revenue and Capital payments in accordance with policy, Accounting Manual DOE guidance on prompt payment of invoices and current VAT regulations including weekly Treasury's schedule for meetings, month-end reconciliations and the investigation of any discrepancies.
2 Provide support of users in operating the Purchase Order Processing System and any queries arising.
3 Maintain and develop all appropriate database and spreadsheet systems for use in connection with the sections activities including independent checking regarding the change of supplier's bank account details.
4 Maintain the credit card system to ensure that documentation is received from cardholders, coded correctly and VAT correctly claimed on the expenses.
5 To provide cover for the bank reconciliation.
6 Collate, on request, any source material required for the preparation of the annual estimates, Annual Accounts (Financial Statements), Freedom of Information Requests and any grant claims that require such information. Issue Emergency Financial Assistant Payments to applicants in line with the DOE guidance.
7 Input data to nominal ledger to include Direct Debits, credit card expenses and journals.
8 The post holder may assume other delegated duties appropriate to the salary scale and qualifications of the post holder including participation in the interchange of duties to cover for sickness, annual leave, staff vacancies etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 GCSE passes at Grade A-C including Mathematics, NVQ level 2 or equivalent
- At least three years' experience in a computerised accounting environment.
- Where the stated qualifications are not met a minimum of five years' experience is required as outlined at 2 above.
- Demonstrate a practical understanding of the use of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Must have a clear understanding of the processes required to operate a Creditors Ledger and Purchase Ordering System
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Tanya on 028 9266 7585 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.