Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Finance Business Partner to start ASAP for a duration of up to 6 months.
Role: Finance Business Partner
Pay rate: £18.83p/h
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday
Have successfully completed the following professional examinations and be a member of one of the following bodies:
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants; or
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy.
2 years post qualification experience in a similar role OR 1 years post qualification experience plus 1 year's water and sewerage industry experience in a finance role.
Demonstrable experience of management reporting
Demonstrable experience of business partnering.
Demonstrable experience of financial planning.
A proven ability to influence and build relationships at a senior level.
A proven ability to think strategically, anticipate problems and provide sound solutions.
Advanced MS Excel usage.
Experience in the business use of Oracle Financial System and Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE).
Experience of working in a regulated environment.
- Co-ordinate the development of both long term and short term financial plans.
- Provide input into the development of the business area's strategy and help deliver to stakeholders.
- Performance measurement against budget and forecast, through appropriate reporting and analysis. Presentation of the month's financial performance both written and verbally.
- Provide timely and accurate management information.
- Analyse, interpret and communicate financial and performance data, and provide financial advice in the form of management and board reports. Complete financial returns and questionnaires as required.
- Communicate with other areas within finance on aspects such as cash flow impacts, treatment of expenditure in public sector, application of policy etc.
- Policy development and implementation for coding, pricing, financial controls and procedures.
- Support in cost management and to move the organisation towards efficiency and effectiveness. Ability to lead on benefits realisation & tracking with the business.
- Support for the business in the creation of business cases and investment appraisal.
- Capital planning and management.
- Active engagement of risk management in the organisation, from strategic to operational, including the risk of fraud.
- Interaction with internal and external audit and auctioning outstanding audit points.
- Support the implementation of new costing systems into the organisation.
- Support the implementation of Hyperion Planning for forecasting and budgeting.
- Assist in the completion of Regulatory Returns.
- Review of efficiencies and identification of potential cost savings to enable an improvement in efficiency against efficiency frontiers.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
The deadline for applications will be Friday 1st September at 12pm