FINANCE MANAGER - DUBLIN
Our client is a well known Financial Services and Banking Institution across the island of Ireland. In business for almost 200 years, they currently have nearly 6000 employees to provide high level of service to nearly 2 million customers. Part of a Globally present organisation, they pride themselves on their local feeling and local understanding with motivation to be the best in their market at providing customer service.
A Finance Manager role is currently available for a contract period of minimum 6 months on their Tracker Mortgage Project. Role will be based in Dublin City Centre with salary negotiable, DOE.
To provide financial insight and decision support that adds value to the business. Actively support the Finance Business Partner with responsibility for oversight of the program spend with the provision of timely, reliable and insightful financial analysis that will drive financial performance discussions for the Tracker Mortgage Project.
Wider responsibility to review, analyse and challenge project spend with budget owners will also form part of this role. This includes the objective of ensuring that the drivers of the costs are understood and to identify issues and opportunities, get a greater understanding of the expenses and in particular to challenge the rationale for all spend and take forward efficiency opportunities for reduction.
Key Role Deliverables:
- Review actual and forecast spend across Project, identify and present cost management options to business contacts.
- Spend reviews and detailed analyses on a monthly basis of all resource and non resource costs including analysis of prior month v current month resources and associated costs. Spot lights for Program Director and Executive as required.
- Build an understanding of the customer redress aspects of the program to include the ability to provide financial models of the impacts and on-going tracking of the outputs and payments.
- Review and support the development of financial models to track the execution spend and remediation spends on the program.
- Monthly reporting analysis report to Finance Director and Program Board to include analysis of the monthly performance, review of individual project teams, explanation of month on month variances and movements compared to business case / forecast.
- Provide robust commentary & analysis to ESG and Senior Program Management where necessary to enhance MI
- Review and understand the year end and quarter end provisioning methodology including ability to analyse and explain to FP&A, CFO, Programme Director, internal and external audit.
- Liaise with Program Senior Management to ensure that robust budgets / business cases with appropriate detail are in place for each work stream and the overall program
- Attend regular review meetings with SMT to assist in any queries they have regarding their costs. Provide support and information to assist them in explaining their cost position.
- Build a strong working relationship with key interfaces in Finance and within the program
- Support relationships with FP&A, GFS and the program SMT to ensure that reporting requirements are delivered on time and that insights are regularly delivered from detailed information.
- Provide finance support on other aspects of the project as required (business case preparation, financial inputs, queries on invoice payments etc.).
- Act as delegate for the Business Partner at monthly / weekly management meetings if required.
- Proven track record of working to own initiative
- Accounting qualification required (5+ years PQE)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards
- Proven ability to interact with Executives and Senior Management
- Proven numerical / financial analysis skills.
- Familiarity with high-level business drivers to enable suitable challenge to the business of any apparent inconsistencies.
- Ability to work within a team and to deliver high quality outputs to tight timescales is essential.
- Strong commercial focus and practical problem solving ability
- Microsoft Office applications
- Lean / continuous improvement methodologies
- Working knowledge of Finance systems an advantage, INEA, Oracle Cost Management, Hyperion etc.
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button