I am looking for an excellent finance manager to lead a revenue team within a global professional services organisation within the Belfast area.
The Revenue team provide assistance in drafting bills and reporting on unbilled fees. They work to strict monthly targets and deadlines, ensuring internal and external clients receive a prompt and high quality service.
- Lead and develop the Revenue function and manage team of Revenue Assistants, allocating work effectively, undertaking review to ensure a high quality service and being a point of escalation for issues from both the team and the client
- Promote an end-to-end understanding of the value that the Revenue function delivers to the business, specifically where value is added
- Lead the Revenue team to deliver Revenue services according to specifications, schedule, quality, and other customer requirements
- Gain a clear understanding of what customers value, how the delivery of Revenue services meets those needs, and the critical elements that need to be actively managed.
- Ensuring that the Revenue service is aligned with the strategic/competitive positioning for the business
- Ensure Revenue systems and processes support the business's ability to effectively compete and continue with growth targets
- To lead the team in making a commitment to measurable performance and continuous improvement, actively looking for opportunities to improve, whether in cost, quality, or throughput of the Revenue service
- Lead the team in continually developing technical Revenue and relevant business knowledge and challenging the status quo in the way in which their work is produced;
- Delegate tasks appropriately to team members in order to deliver a timely, high quality service to customers and to assist in the personal development of the individual team members;
- Support the Head of Finance in planning, managing and executing the annual financial audit process, ensuring that all information pertaining to Revenue requested by external auditors is produced accurately and in a timely manner
- Oversee the management of the aged debt and provision for bad debt in the statutory accounts;
- Builds network across finance and more widely, leading finance-wide initiatives.
- Supports the senior management to implement change in finance, providing constructive advice regarding any new initiatives, and assisting by communicating effectively with their team so that transitions are smooth.
Key Requirements / Qualifications
- Ability to solve problems, think analytically, communicate effectively, and execute efficiently.
- Exceptional people manager, who recognises that people are a valuable resource and can communicate effectively with their staff
- Supreme communicator and excellent influencer - able to resolve conflict, influence and persuade others effectively
- Outstanding relationship manager, developing close relationships with key stakeholders both within
- Qualified accountant desirable, but not essential
- Outstanding numeracy and literacy skills