FINANCE OFFICER, DERRY CITY, £18,000 - 12 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT
Our client is a Not-for-profit organisation based in both the Waterside and Cityside of Derry/ Londonderry. Due to an upcoming period of Maternity leave, they require an experienced Finance Officer to cover a fixed 12 month contract.
You will be responsible for the day to day management of the financial operations, including dealing with other staff, public bodies, private funders and clients. It will also involve preparing reports for the work of the Management Team comprising department & service managers, the Director and the Board.
You will be expected to maintain contact with clients, funders and public bodies. Most work will be completed internally however a minimal amount of travel is expected. Any relevant travelling expenses will be reimbursed. On some occasions flexible working may be required (for example attendance at Board meetings).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare annual budgets in liaison with appropriate budget holders and the Director
- Prepare timely monthly management accounts and financial management reports for the Senior Management Team, Director and Board (quarterly)
- Prepare budgets for grant applications as requested
- Maintain financial systems.
- Assist the Director in the ongoing review of financial systems, financial operational objectives and financial procedures
- Prepare all reports and statements for the annual statutory financial accounts, ensuring that these comply with legal requirements and conform to current accounting standards as laid down by the professional accountancy bodies, and to specified requirements for charities.
- Liaise with the external auditors in the audit of the annual statutory financial accounts.
- Liaise with Funders' Audit Teams in the audit and reporting on all of project grants including Supporting People funding.
Maintenance of Financial Systems & Procedures
- Ensure that all orders are authorised and assigned to correct budget category and department apportionment
- Ensure that all invoices are processed for payment by due dates
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Ensure that internal and external invoices are issued for all amounts due
- Ensure timely counting, budget coding and lodgement of all monies
- Ensure that all petty cash procedures are followed and records are maintained
- Ensure timely and accurate entry of all financial information to accounts package (currently Sage Accounts 50)
- Ensure that all banks are reconciled and accruals and prepayments are calculated monthly
- Assist in preparing grant applications and financial returns for projects
- Attend, when required, such meetings or training as necessary in relation to this post
- Participate in the preparation of agenda, minutes and financial reports for the Management Team and Board
General Financial Administration
- Provide professional assistance to the Director and the Superintendent in the daily administration of the financial affairs.
- Maintenance of effective manual and computerised filing systems
- Maintain secure backup of all computerised accounting records
- Maintenance of appropriate databases and spreadsheets
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Competent in using Microsoft Office Applications
- Preparation of management accounts and budgets
- Experience in the use of accounting software
- Accounting Technician qualification or other relevant Accountancy qualification
- Experience of using SAGE Accounts software
- Experience of working or volunteering in the community and voluntary sector
- Understanding of the Housing Benefit system
- Knowledge or experience of grant claims
Personal Competencies required:
- Working as part of a team
- Taking a flexible approach to working hours when appropriate.
- Working under pressure
- Prioritising workload
- Maintaining confidentiality
- Working independently
- Communicating effectively in written and oral forms
Please call Marc Doorish on 02871 267799 for more information or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.