Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Finance Officer to start ASAP
Role: Finance Officer
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £7.50 p/h
13+ week's £9.37 p/hr
Hours: Mon to Fri - 37hrs per week
- Contribute to the effective operation of the Department by carrying out the purchase ledger function of the client and providing full and comprehensive administrative support.
- Responsible for calculating and making payment on staff mileage claims, petty cash, miscellaneous cheques and make statutory returns by required deadlines.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in accordance with operational. statutory and legislative requirements.
- Provide support and cover as necessary across the Support Services Directorate.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in issues relating to the work of the client.
- Prepare spreadsheets for national insurance, mobile phones and others as required.
- Respond to and deal with enquiries from external and internal customers, members of the public and statutory bodies.
- Maintain and update both manual and online filing systems.
- To provide cover for reception during periods of absence.
- To undertake any other relevant duties which may be assigned.
Essential Criteria :
- Applicants must have 5 GCSE's ( Grade A - C ), including English and Maths or equivalent qualifications.
- Applicants must be capable of dealing with matters in a confidential manner and have the ability to work on their own initiative with a minimum of supervision and be capable of preparing concise reports.
- A minimum of 1 year's experience in accounts payable.
- Proficient in the use and application of Microsoft computer packages including Word an Excel.
- Applicants must have a minimum of BTEC National Certificate/Diploma or equivalent in a relevant field and a minimum of 2 years' general office experience.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.