Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Finance Officer to start ASAP until December 2017 with possibility of extension.
Role: Finance Officer
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £7.05 - 7.50p/h
13+ week's £8.57p/h
Hours: 36 hours per week, Monday - Friday
EITHER hold a Level 3 or above qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Finance or Administration) PLUS a minimum of one years' recent experience of working in a finance setting OR Have a minimum of two years' recent experience working in a finance setting.
English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent.
Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent.
Direct and recent experience of data entry in a busy financial office
Experience of reconciling customer accounts, allocating cash to customer / supplier accounts and bank reconciliations
Demonstrable experience of using a computer based accounting system.
- Input data and records into the Financial System for the processing of invoices, credit notes, direct debits
- Process BACS receipts and credit accounts appropriately
- Respond to telephone and written queries to meet or exceed service levels set for the transaction processing team, providing an efficient and customer focused service
- Receipt, check and record all monies received and lodge in bank on a timely basis
- Reconcile and allocate cash, credit card and debit card income received
- Assist in the preparation of bank reconciliations and investigation of outstanding items
- Provide information to support analysis of cash inflows and cash outflows for management information and monitoring purposes
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
The deadline for this position will be Friday 21st July at 12 Noon