Temporary Finance Project Officer required for a local government organisation based in Belfast
Starting ASAP potentially for 3 months with possible extension.
Monday-Friday = 37 hours per week
Duties will include:
- To be part of a team involved in EU funded collaborative cross-border research programmes.
- To work closely with, and provide support to the project managers to ensure the delivery of the EU projects.
- To help collate and process financial claims for the purpose of the EU research projects.
- To assist with the financial profiling of the projects.
- To support the Project Managers to produce quarterly budget forecasts, in line with SEUPB guidance
- To assist implementing the Programme Monitoring and Communication Plans.
- To engage with SEUPB and cooperate with any auditing processes they put into place.
- 3 years' experience of managing the finances of projects, including budget forecasting and financial claims
- 3 years' experience of managing the administration functions of projects including record keeping and audits .
- 3 years experience of contributing to the planning, allocation, monitoring, evaluation and control of resources e.g. people, finances.
- 3 years' experience of creating, maintaining and enhancing effective working relationships.
- Excellent communication, organisational and time management skills including ability to multi-task and manage a number of conflicting priorities.
- Good IT skills and a high level of competence in Microsoft Office packages including Excel and Word and PowerPoint
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS WEDNESDAY 31ST MAY AT 5PM**