This is a key role within the finance team working with a wider global finance team. Preparation of financial accounts for monthly/quarterly/annual reporting if central to the role. The role will deal with a number of areas including banking/payments, AP, annual audit, internal controls (SOX) budgets and forecasting, tax and company secretarial.
Preparation/Recording of all accounting transactions to review stage for these entities.
- Enter transactions in JDE World financial accounting system to meet Month end/Quarter end/annual reporting deadlines in accordance with corporate Close timetable.
- Daily/monthly recording and reconciliation of all stock option exercise, restricted stock and other equity transaction activity is a key element
- Preparation of Quarterly analysis and reporting templates for review prior to delivery to Consolidation and SEC reporting teams
- Ensure all financial transactions are accurately recorded in line with corporate policies and SOX compliant internal controls
- Prepare all required supporting documentation
- Ensure clear audit trail exists which is readily accessible to the IRLCORP finance team
- Prepare under US GAAP with local GAAP adjustments as required for Irish statutory financial statements
- Support Finance Manager/Director of finance in accounting and documenting complex non-routine transactions in both US and local GAAP
- Support continuous improvement of processes, procedures and reporting
Preparation of monthly Balance sheet recs including bank reconciliations to review stage including all supporting documentation in accordance with Corporate policies and deadlines
- AP Process owner (interface with AP team)
- Ensure approval in accordance with DOA policy. Ensure accurate GL coding.
- Entry of Non-AP payment instructions into online banking
- Provision of all appropriately approved supporting documentation for payment approval
- Completion of vendor master template for review/sign-off
- Prepare budgets/forecasts including preparation of selected forecast supporting schedules.
- Preparation of VAT/VIES returns and payroll tax returns (P30) to review stage
- Prepare supporting schedules for CT1 preparation - working with Director of Finance, Finance Manager, internal and external tax teams.
- Prepare tax provision supporting schedules to review stage
- Provide support to finance manager and Director of Finance for projects as required
- Provide required supporting schedules/documentation to internal/external tax teams on an ad hoc basis (subject to DOF review)
- Ensure accurate, complete supporting schedules are provided for each of the above. Ensure clarity of presentation and a clear audit trail including relevant sign-offs
SOX and Internal controls:
- Document accounting processes and procedures for specific areas
- Maintain and update on an ongoing basis
- Document internal controls to review stage for specified areas
- Ensure specified internal controls are recorded on the companies Risk Control Tracking System
- Support Director of Finance and SOX team in ensuring PLC and specific Irish entities are fully SOX compliant
Annual Financial Statements and Audit:
- Support external reporting team as required for PLC quarterly and annual reporting
- Prepare required information to review stage for external reporting team in respect of PLC statutory financial statements
- Prepare TB's, supporting audit schedules and assist Finance Manager in preparation of draft statutory financial statements for Irish subsidiaries to ensure on-time sign-off and filing
- Prepare audit files for review by Finance Manager and Director of Finance
Company Secretarial: For Irish subsidiaries only:
- Support Director of Finance in his role as Company Secretary for specific subsidiaries
- Provide required information to external Company secretarial service providers
- First stage review of draft CRO filings
- Ensure all original signed board minutes, CRO filings, relevant legal documents are sent to appropriate internal/external location
- Ensure documents are distributed to internal/external Company secretarial owners and filed on finance server
Central Statistics Office returns:
- Preparation of quarterly CSO returns to review stage
- Participate in Ad hoc projects, goals and objectives as they arise
- Develop an awareness and understanding of how effort and output of this role contribute to the companies strategy.