Our Client in the Antrim area would like to recruit a Financial Accounting Assistant to join their team on a Temporary basis - (31st March 2017 )
Monday to Friday - 9am to 5pm
The main duties will include the preparation of bank reconciliations, preparation and submission of grant claims. Support the efficient and effective operation of the financial reporting function.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist and advise managers on insurance matters when required.
- Conduct reviews of departmental insurance arrangements and advise managers accordingly.
- Provide information on insurance issues to the Risk Management Group when required.
- Review of Business Continuity Plans for the Finance Department and advise managers accordingly.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with statutory requirements and compliance with relevant Codes of Practice.
- Assist the Financial Controller in meeting the requirements of the Local Government Finance Act (NI) 2011 and Local government (Capital Finance & Accounting) Regulations together with relevant guidance and CIPFA codes of accounting best practice
- Assist with the development and review of computerised financial accounting systems.
- Respond to requests received by the Financial Accounting section for information under Freedom of Information Act. (FOI).
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all bank accounts
- Perform reconciliation to the general ledger on a monthly basis
- Perform reconciliation of suspense account on a monthly basis.
- Prepare grant claims and returns, maintain the Grants Register, liaise with officers in other departments regarding grant claims, monitor eligible expenditure and submit claims.
- Liaise with grand funding bodies on matters relating to the verification of grant claims.
- Control the administration of the Assisted Car Purchase Scheme and Contract Hire Car Scheme.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of miscellaneous financial returns and requests for information.
- Participate in inter-departmental working groups as required.
- Participate as a member of the Finance Development Team in ensuring a co-ordinated approach in meeting the changing demands upon the finance function
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer service including taking ownership of customer queries and following issues through to completion.
- Demonstrate a team approach to achieving the objectives of the Section through full flexibility in relation to tasks undertaken.
- Communicate fully with your line manager, colleagues and customers in order to enhance the services provided.
- Ensure that the requirements of the Equal Opportunities Policy are applied throughout the section.
- Co-operate with officers and staff to enable them, as far as necessary to conform and comply with any duty or requirement imposed as a result of any law which may be in force regarding health and safely.
- Serve on selection interview panels as required.
- Identify in conjunction with reporting staff their training needs and arrange appropriate training with Human Resources department.
- Such other duties as may be allocated from time to time in line with the general nature of the post.
Ideal candidates will have min 3 years work experience in a computerised accruals accounting environment to include assisting in the preparation of financial statements and the preparation of bank reconciliations.
Experience in relevant accruals accounting.
Be a member of the CCAB body or hold a third level qualification in Accounting or Business/Finance related subjects and be currently pursuing a course of study of a CCAB recognised body.
Candidates will be working under pressure and will have deadlines to meet, problem solve, decision make, good strong analytical and numerical skills, Good Organiser with the ability to communicate and work as part of a team.
Only those shortlisted will be contacted