SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST - DUBLIN
My client is a well known Financial Services and Banking Institution across the island of Ireland. In business for almost 200 years, they currently have nearly 6000 employees to provide high level of service to nearly 2 million customers. Part of a Globally present organisation, they pride themselves on their local feeling and local understanding with motivation to be the best in their market at providing customer service.
A Senior Financial Analyst role is currently available for a contract period of minimum 6 months on their Tracker Mortgage Project. Role will be based in Dublin City Centre with salary negotiable, DOE.
To provide financial insight and decision support that adds value to the business. Actively support the Business Manager with responsibility for oversight of the program spend with the provision of timely, reliable and insightful financial analysis that will drive financial performance discussions for the Tracker Mortgage Project.
Key Role Deliverables:
- Review actual and forecast spend across Project, identify and present cost management options to business contacts.
- Spend reviews and detailed analyses on a monthly basis of all resource costs including analysis of prior month v current month resources and associated costs. Spot lights for Program Director and Executive as required.
- Spend reviews and detailed analyses on a monthly basis of non resource areas of spend (T&E, Consultants Fees, Legal Fees, Records Management, etc.), including spot lights for Program Director and Executive as required.
- Build an understanding of the customer redress aspects of the program to include the ability to provide financial models of the impacts and on-going tracking of the outputs and payments.
- Monthly reporting analysis report to Finance Director and Program Board to include analysis of the monthly performance, review of individual project teams, explanation of month on month variances and movements compared to business case / forecast.
- Provide robust commentary & analysis to ESG and Senior Program Management where necessary to enhance MI
- Review and understand the year end provisioning methodology including ability to analyse and explain to FP&A, CFO, Program Director, internal and external audit.
- Develop financial models to track the execution spend and redress spend on the program.
- Attend regular review meetings with SMT to assist in any queries they have regarding their costs. Provide support and information to assist them in explaining their cost position.
- Build a strong working relationship with key interfaces in Finance and within the program
- Support relationships with FP&A, GFS and the program SMT to ensure that reporting requirements are delivered on time and accurate and that insights are regularly delivered from detailed information.
- Create robust third party supplier management processes which ensure that invoices are paid on time and a detailed review and challenge process is in place.
- Provide finance support on other aspects of the project as required (business case preparation, financial inputs, queries on invoice payments etc.).
- Act as delegate for the Business Partner at management meetings where required.
- Qualified accountant (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) with 2+ years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of International Accounting Standards
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to interact with Executives and Senior Management
- Proven numerical / financial analysis skills.
- Familiarity of cost drivers of RBS / Ulster Bank business to enable review and challenge
- Familiarity with high-level business drivers to enable suitable challenge to the business of any apparent inconsistencies.
- Ability to work within a team and to deliver high quality outputs to tight timescales is essential.
- Strong commercial focus and practical problem solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to work to own initiative
- Microsoft Office applications, particularly excel and powerpoint
- Lean / continuous improvement methodologies
- Working knowledge of Finance systems, INEA, Business Objects etc. an advantage
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button