Job Title: Fitter (Mechanical Background)
Reports to: Workshop Manager
As the fitter you will service and repair our full range of hire equipment and tools; maintaining the quality, safety, reliability and availability of hire stock in a cost effective manner.
In this role you will take responsibility for the routine service and maintenance of all hire equipment and products, carrying out refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary.
You will maintain and ensure maximum workshop productivity in line with company targets, complete statutory inspections when required while adhering to damage process, ensuring product damage is highlighted to company guidelines on Health & Safety at Work.
- Routine service and maintenance of all hire equipment and products including electrical testing where required
- Carry out refurbishment of equipment and products where necessary
- Liaise with the Workshop Manager when spare parts are required to ensure cost effective repairs
- Advise the Workshop Manager of repairs covered under warranty
- Ensure service records are maintained and updated onto the internal computerised system (Spanner) and daily worksheets are populated
- Adhere to the damage process and ensure product damage is highlighted
- Ensure that all equipment is cleaned to the highest standard ready for hire
- Maintain and ensure maximum workshop productivity in line with company targets
- Carry out other tasks and duties as required, including assisting in other departments when necessary
- Adhere to company guidelines on Health & Safety at work at all times
- Promote teamwork between colleagues across all site locations, to ensure delivery of an effective workshop performance
- Ensure the workshop is safe, tidy and organised at all times
- Represent the company and values of the business and portray a professional and business like image to all customers, potential customers and other people you meet in the course of your work.
- Be a key driver in serious about safety by leading from the front
- Ensure workshops and products / equipment are maintained to our 360◦ brand.
- Experience in maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment
- Manual handling awareness
- Strong communication skills
- Driving licence desirable
- Experience working in a similar industry
- Product knowledge including powered access range
Please forward your CV for the attention of Joanne Duffy (Walkinstown Branch)