Formulation Scientist - £30,000 - £40,000 - Co. Antrim (12 month contract)
Grafton Recruitment is delighted to be working in partnership with a world leading pharmaceutical manufacturing organisation in their search to appoint a Formulation Scientist on a 12 month fixed-term contract at their site in Co. Antrim.
Reporting to the Team Leader you will manage, direct and participate in all aspects of research and development from feasibility to commercial manufacture. You will plan and develop novel initiatives to produce successful formulations for solid (tablets, capsules and soft gelatin capsules) and semi-solid (gels, creams, lotions and ointments) dosage forms.
- Planning and execution of all formulation activities associated with assigned projects and in line with corporate goals.
- Participation in laboratory, process development, process scale-up and validation studies.
- Experimental design and critical interpretation of experimental data. Problem solving in relation to on-going projects.
- Maintenance of accurate project and laboratory records including development records and protocols.
- Maintain effective communication with other departments, colleagues in the US, Europe and Puerto Rico, and/or contract manufacturers, as required.
- Provide technical input to senior management and prepare written and/or oral presentations, as required.
- Participating in the compilation and evaluation of scientific documentation, including regulatory dossiers.
- Participating in the transfer of manufacturing processes from laboratory through to commercial scale.
- Conducting/coordinating physical testing to evaluate product characteristics.
- Equipment procurement and validation.
- Undertake any other duties, which may be assigned by Senior Management.
- Degree/PhD in a science subject
- Experience with Microsoft, Excel, power-point etc.
- Experimental design and interpretation of Data
- Experience working within a cGMP environment
- Knowledge of Code of Federal Regulations 21 Part 11
- Experience in formulation and process development
- Experience of solid oral dosage forms
- Experience working with 5S and six sigma
- Knowledge of statistics and software packages
- Demonstrable problem solving skills.
- Knowledgeable with FDA and regulatory submissions
For further information please contact Craig in Grafton on 02890323333 or submit your CV via the link.