F/T Temp Geographical Information Officer required for leading Public Sector Organisation based in Lisburn
Salary: £13.45 her hr
To assist in the provision of technical advice towards implementing a GI Strategy, developing GI capabilities and to assist in delivering GI input to major projects such as Local Development Plan, Community Planning, Emergency Planning and other statutory obligations. The Officer will also assist in assessing and advising on the corporate GI need and short and medium term GI/IT Strategy.
- To assist in the planning and prioritisation of work programmes as directed and agreed by the Line Manager to ensure that all duties and tasks are carried within the specified and agreed time and performance targets.
- To assist and direct in the development and delivery of its GI Strategy, including liaise with software suppliers to the benefit of progressing the Strategy. To assist in managing all GIS data collection and analysis and create a portal or central repository for staff to quickly find GIS-related information.
- To participate as required in Project Teams for service development, continuous improvement initiatives, information sharing and in the training of Staff and others.
- To assist in corporate GIS projects, (including field work as required) and analysis to create precise and accurate data, maps, and/or visualisations to be used in decision making. This will include contributing to reports, supplying Senior Management and other Officers with key data presented in an appropriate format and supporting internal and external consultation processes.
- To assist in the development of working relationships with relevant partners and stakeholders to maximise corporate and community planning outcomes, consultation responses and to generate innovation in service delivery.
- To assist with the maintenance of the GIS system including external data capture from external partners and aid localised training to GIS users in relation to GI software and desktop products. Create and manage GIS databases and research new techniques and ways to apply GI Systems and knowledge.
- Support the implementation of information sharing relating to Geographical Information (GI), including providing guidance and information on licensing, copyright and intellectual property, identifying risks, resource and technical issues, and making recommendations on how to address and resolve problems.
- To assist in liaison with LPS and attend meetings and functions as required. To represent at conferences, consultations, seminars and working parties (This may include out of hours working).
- To assist in innovative and creative ways of delivery of the Service aims and objectives. To inform and advise Managers on IT/GI Best Practice and roadmap to project delivery. Identify current and future sources of information from other government and statutory agencies. To assist and analyse and evaluate the impact of emerging GIS technologies to continuously improve the range and quality of GIS services delivered.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures including all Health & Safety protocols and operate within the highest standards of management and personal behaviour, which reflect the core values and behaviours of the organisation.
- Promote equality of opportunity and access in service delivery and in the employment of staff through the mainstreaming of equality.
- Ensure the provision of high standards of customer care across all the services provided by the Unit and promote and manage the service effectively and communicate in a way, which enhances and promotes the public image and overall reputation.
- A degree in Geographic Information Systems or a degree in Geography with GIS modules.
- GIS skills - able to use ESRI GIS software suite to load, manipulate, analyse and display data on digital mapping.
- Ability to utilise spatial databases technologies using National Mapping
- Experience applying cartographic skills to manipulate digital data
- Knowledge of web mapping technologies. Familiarity with OSNI/Spatial NI data and Web Services
- Timeliness - ability to work to deadlines
- Capable of presenting to internal senior management and to external businesses at events,
- At least one year experience working in GI.
- Be self-motivated and delivery driven. Ability to drive projects with minimal supervision.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you meet the essential criteria, please send your CV across or contact Tanya Lyttle on 028 9266 7585.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
028 9266 7585