F/T Temp (approx 2 years) Outreach worker required for leading Public Sector Organisation based in Carryduff
Salary: £10.71 per hr
To promote, market and implement outreach work as part of the Castlereagh Safe and Well (C-SAW) Project
- Under the direction of the Project Manager and in coordination with the other C-SAW Project staff and project partners design, implement and execute all programmes within the C-SAW project, including, young person's exercise referral project, Senior citizens project, Disabled users project. This will also include organisation of transportation and annual open days.
- Assist the Project Manager in the delivery of the C-SAW project.
- Carry out 'outreach' in the community by liaising with community groups and health groups to target those individuals who are most excluded and deemed 'at risk'. Provide reports to the Project Manager on outcomes and make recommendations.
- Liaise with community organisations, statutory organisation and CSAW Partnerships to organise and plan the delivery of Outreach projects as part of the C-SAW Project.
- Develop a volunteer framework to ensure effective volunteering within the CSAW project. Develop codes of conduct and train them in the requirements of the project.
- Manage volunteers and external staff including recruitment and training needs. Ensure efficient and effective allocation of volunteers and coaches.
- Research and identify development needs within the community and ensure where relevant and possible these are taken into account in work programmes, e.g. partnerships/links with doctors, hospitals, social services etc.
- Develop activity programmes and carry out coaching duties when required. Setup/ take down of rooms in preparation for activities, events and functions, including the erecting/dismantling of equipment used in activities in accordance with facility and manual handling procedures.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager carry out detailed research and analysis of best practice to strategically develop Outreach activities.
- Liaison and co-ordination with all community groups, organisations, statutory and non-statutory bodies to identify their needs and deliver programmes and feed into the leisure services estimates.
- Assist in the completion of grant applications and development of necessary constitutions to help empower groups and organisations, to reach their potential and avail of wider opportunities.
- Monitor and evaluate all activities, and advise the C-SAW Project Manager on the outreach work, producing regular reports, recommendations and attending Steering Group meetings and any other meetings when requested.
- Responsible for creating, maintaining and updating a database of participants.
- Under the direction of the Project Manager monitor and evaluation the CSAW project in accordance with BIG Lottery guidelines.
- Through the development and implementation of the outreach projects encourage active citizenship, capacity building and volunteering within the community.
- Work with other departmental staff to ensure the smooth local delivery of projects by setting up rooms and ensuring the relevant resources are available.
- Undertake relevant administrative duties and compile specialist reports in respect of C-SAW Project including the provision to timely management information as required.
- Responsible for cash handling duties within the project.
- To provide First Aid treatment for injuries sustained by persons. Using the program, referring injured person/s for further treatment when necessary. Inform relatives of injuries when appropriate. Complete and process Incident/Accident report forms in accordance with H&S policies.
- Responsible for ensuring that all risk assessment measures are implemented, to minimise the risk of slips, trips and falls by staff and participants alike and ensuring that all C-SAW procedures and actions are carried out in accordance with H&S Policies and appropriate Risk Assessments.
- 5 GCSE's at grade A-C, NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- A minimum of 1 Sports Coaching qualification
3 years relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- Experience in a community setting in sport, leisure, health, community development or related discipline.
- Working on projects which include older people and people with disabilities.
- Experience of organising specific community projects/ programmes/ events from inception to completion
- Creative and innovative planning of programmes linked to a set of measured outcomes
- Where applicants do not hold the qualifications stated at 1 above they must demonstrate a minimum of five years' experience as outlined in 2 above.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you meet the essential criteria, please send your CV across or contact Tanya Lyttle on 028 9266 7585.
Senior Recruitment Consultant
028 9266 7585