Salary -negotiable depending on experience.
Grafton recruitment has been exclusively retained to recruit a General Manager for a leading wholesale company based in Derry. This position offers long term career aspirations with a company that has experienced significant growth in recent years.
Reporting to: Wholesale Sales Director the General manager is responsible for managing the region and ensure standards, KPI's and operational standards are being adhered to.
- Achieve our three year growth plan and that the site supports the achievement of the NI plans.
- Maximise the potential for the business by effective implementation of national and local sales development planning initiatives and promotions
- Retain and increase current customer base through initiatives aimed at enhancing the value of the customer's business relationship with the branch
- Ensure branch layouts, space allocation, fixtures and fittings, signage, shop equipment, point of sale and branding are consistent with divisional strategy rules and guidelines
- Effectively implement Category Development Business Plans at branch level through:
- Pricing policy implementation
- programme implementation at branch level
- Product range managed in line with plan
- Ensure the safety, health and welfare at work of your employees
- Manage and conduct work activities in such a way as to ensure the safety, health and welfare at work of all employees
- Manage and conduct work activities in such a way as to prevent any improper conduct or behaviour likely to endanger employees
- Implement the safety, health and welfare measures necessary for protection of employees
- 5-10 years experience in a senior Operations/Sales position or in senior Operations Management, including management of senior team
- Proven experience of managing and leading a professional team with a proven track record of delivering results in a fast moving retail/wholesale environment
- Previous exposure to IR negotiations at a senior level
- Previous experience in Change Management
- Excellent People Management and communication skills
- Customer relationship management
- Brand development
- Understand and be familiar with the grocery and/or foodservice markets
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Decision making skills
- Commercial Acumen
- Achievement Orientated
- Customer focused
- Team/People Development Skills
- Relationship Management
- Managing Complexity/ Change management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary depending on experience and an excellent Benefits package!
To discuss confidentially or for more information please contact Glenda on 02890 323333