Temporary Mapping & Charting Officer required for a local government organisation based in Belfast to start ASAP until end of March 2018.
Pay Rate: 0-12 weeks £9ph and 13 weeks on increases to £13.73ph
Monday-Friday = 37 hours per week.
Mapping and Charting Officers are responsible for surveying information on ground and property change, using ground and aerial survey techniques. Mapping and Charting Officers are also involved in a wider range of geographic information functions, for example aerial imagery, collection and processing, managing geographically referenced addresses, database management, boundaries work, cartography, geodetic survey, and maintenance of road and other location related data.
Officers at Mapping and Charting Officer grade are responsible for the following activities:
- Understanding and manipulating geographic information / Engaging with GI related IT applications / Management of relational database technologies in the context of LPS / Digital data models / Topographical surveying and data collection / Using cartographic skills to manipulate digital data / Photogrammetry / Address Data Maintenance and gazetteers / Geodesy and boundaries / Web mapping technologies / Sales and customer service in a GI environment / Product management in Mapping and GI / Intellectual Property in mapping.
- LPIS Mapping Service Desk- response and coordination of Mapping IT incidents
- LPIS Resolver Group team role- utilisation of problem management documentation to resolve recurring IT issues
- Coordination of the support of LPIS Mapping IT infrastructure and systems
- LPIS Data extraction requests and relevant analysis
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- A BTEC National Certificate or equivalent qualification in an appropriate subject, such as Civil Engineering Surveying, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Physical Sciences, Engineering; and
- At least two years relevant post-qualification experience gained in the last five years in a company/organisation where you have made practical use of your qualification.
- BTEC Higher National Certificate or equivalent in an appropriate subject, such as Civil Engineering Surveying, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, Physical Sciences, Engineering; and
- At least one years relevant post-qualification experience, gained in the last five years in a company/organisation where you have made practical use of your qualification.
In addition, must hold a current driving licence enabling them to drive in Northern Ireland and/or have access to a form of transport, which will meet the travelling requirements of the job in full.
A Basic Access NI must be completed to enable you to commence the assignment. There is a £26 charge to Access NI to have this processed.
Please note the deadline for this position will be Monday 24th July at 10am