Location: Newry or Dundalk or Down or Louth
Salary: 21-28k depending on experience
My client is a local Engineering firm who specialise in stainless steel fabrication, mainly for the manufacturing sector across the Island of Ireland. They currently have a requirement for a Junior Contract Engineer/Graduate Engineer to join their team. This is an office based role, initially looking after small scale contracts and is a real development opportunity for the successful candidate.
Reporting to: Managing Director
To be responsible for all aspects of the day to day operation of individual contracts under your control, from formal receipt of file through procurement and installation of materials to the preparation of final account and job handover.
- To work within the provision of the company's ISO Quality, Environmental and H&S Procedures.
- To take phone and direct enquiries from customers and to deal with them accordingly.
- To provide prices and proposals to customers when requested.
- To take ownership of contracts from start to completion to handover to client.
- To purchase equipment and sub-contract services at the most advantageous rates.
- To assist in scheduling of site engineers and planning of work.
- To ensure the completion of individual contracts within budget and within the agreed time frame.
- Prepare CAD drawings as and when required for contracts.
- To liaise with and support site engineers on their day-to-day job requirements.
- To achieve individually agreed objectives for the year.
- A formal qualification in a relevant Engineering Discipline
- Competent with basic autocad drawing software
- Relevant degree in an Engineering discipline
Monday to Friday, dayshift hours, flexibility will be shown.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.