Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Our client is looking to recruit a Power System Planning Graduate Engineer they are looking fro a graduate with 1-2 years PQE experience
The role holder will be part of a team with responsibility for the design of optimum connection methods for new demand and generation customers, and for the analysis of the system impacts of these connections and the recommendation of appropriate remedial actions where necessary.
The role holder will contribute to the delivery of connection offers to new demand and generation customers. The role requires proven team working, organisational and communications skills. Prior knowledge of power system analysis methods and tools is desirable.
This role will provide the successful applicant with the opportunity to enhance their knowledge and skills in an interesting, challenging but supportive environment.
- Develop options for connection of new or changing demand and generation facilities and analyse those options to determine the optimum connection method.
- Assess the technical impacts of the new connections on the transmission system and on other customers connected to the system.
- Write succinct and clear technical reports to record your analysis and to provide justification for your conclusions and recommendations.
- Contribute to overall function targets and objectives.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Engineering Degree preferably majoring in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with an emphasis on report writing and an ability to communicate technical issues confidently.
- Good analysis, judgement and problem solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn the technical aspects of the role
- Ability to take responsibility for small projects.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office packages.
- Ability to work successfully as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Technical skills and knowledge in power system modelling and analysis techniques.
- Proficient in the use of PSS/E simulation package.
- Technical knowledge of electrical power systems.
- Knowledge of data management and databases such as Access
- Some previous relevant experience.