Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer - £23,000 - £25,000 - Antrim
Grafton Recruitment is currently accepting applications from ambitious and motivated Graduate Design Engineers to join a highly successful international manufacturing organisation on a permanent basis at their facility in Antrim.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual to join an organisation that will train and develop your skill-set to facilitate progression within the company.
Reporting to the Team Leader you will be responsible for the design of the mechanical package of next generation & existing tyre pressure sensors, as well as supporting their development for high volume production and their introduction to worldwide customers.
* Develop, manage and be responsible for the individual projects based on the future Product Roadmap and in support of existing product designs.
* Review Customer specifications and produce & present technical presentations to external Customers
* Produce CAD models, drawings and ensuring the correct analysis is completed for new products and modifications to existing product designs
* Co-ordinate the prototype building, testing, validation and post analysis support activities of new products & modifications to existing product designs
* Liaise with other departments & suppliers in the support of design development activities
* Support the continual development of the Mechanical Team including continuous improvement, process development and training
* Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering (Minimum 2:1) or equivalent.
* Experience in 3D CAD packages & 2D drawing preparation.
* Good communication skills (both written and verbal with report writing experience).
* Highly computer literate / proficient in Microsoft Office.
* Initiative, team working, research & problem solving skills are essential.
* A valid driver's licence is required.
* Knowledge of Catia, Unigraphics and/or Solid Works CAD Modelling Packages.
* Experience of plastics and/or rubber moulding
* Experience of high volume manufacturing processes.
For further information please contact Craig on 02890323333, or submit your CV via the link.