Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require Temporary Grounds Person x 2 to start ASAP until the end of October 2017
Role: Grounds Person x2
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £7.50 p/h
13+ week's £8.70p/h
Hours: Monday - Friday (37hrs)
- General maintenance of public parks, playing fields, play areas, picnic sites, landscaped areas and similar open spaces as scheduled, including the collection and removal of litter.
- Undertake seeding, propagation, planting, mulshing tending and weeding of flower and shrub beds, pruning, grass cutting, hedge trimming.
- Use where appropriate chemical weed controls under direction of the charge hand, complying with manufacturers' instructions and COSHH regulations.
- Edging of paths, paved areas and flower beds.
- Report all accidents which may occur and report all incidents of damage to Council property/equipment.
- Basic setting out and marking of sports pitches.
- Erection, inspection, maintenance and dismantling of sports and play equipment.
- Record and retain detailed records of inspections in the format required.
- Undertake constructional labouring work and the safe operation of a range of assorted tools and equipment.
- Responsible to the line supervisor for the associated resources/machinery necessary to perform the work. Including safe operation, routine maintenance and ensuring same are kept clean.
- Complete all necessary paperwork e.g. completing weekly timesheets; accident report forms/records vehicle log books, etc.
- Cemetery duties include grounds maintenance works preparing and digging graves and backfilling.
- Record and inform the Chargehand/ Works Supervisor of all lost time.
- Initiate the enforcement of the Litter (Northern Ireland) Order 1994 in circumstances when littering is observed during the course of their duties; including recording details of the incident and passing the information to the Enforcement Officer for action.
- Minimum 2 years experience in grounds maintenance and/or gardening operations
- Minimum 2 years experience in grounds maintenance machinery, using a variety of hand tools
- Ability to prioritise work and possess good communication skills
- A current full, driving licence valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enable you to carry out the duties of the post in full
- NB *applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act
- Ability to work flexible hours, for example outside normal office hours as required
- Possession of a relevant horticultural qualification or a qualification in a similar discipline
- Hold a valid driving licence which permits the holder to pull a trailer (B&E Driving Licence motor cars or light vans with up to 8 passengers seats and up to 3500kg with a trailer over 750kg)
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.