Grounds person required on a temporary basis contract for a Public Sector organisation based in Belfast £9.00 per hour
Role: Grounds Supervisor
Rate of Pay: £9.00 per hour
Hours: Monday - Thursday between 8am-4.30pm Friday 8am-1pm
Duration: ASAP for 13 weeks
The grounds supervisor will report to the grounds manager and, as part of the area grounds maintenance team, is primarily responsible for the provision of an effective and efficient planned maintenance programme. This role also includes the identification and monitoring of rehabilitation works programme and supervision of the response maintenance tree surgery service.
- Pre-contract surveys to establish the scope of the work.
- Inspecting work being carried out by the contractors and by the executives appointed contractor.
- Reporting to the contract Administrator and completing regular inspection reports on the progress and quality of the contractors work on site.
- Attending site meetings with the contract administrator, contractor and quantity surveyors and liaising with each as necessary to ensure compliance with the programme of works.
- Detailing and co-ordinating the works orders for tree surgery works.
- Inspecting the progress and quality of the contractors work on site.
- Liaising with district management, district maintenance and other bone fie groups to ensure quality service is provided.
- Identification of changes to areas in executive ownership so that the land asset register database and associated maps are kept current.
- Assessing and receiving handovers of soft and hard landscaping elements of new build, environmental improvements, I.P.B.S., grounds rehabilitation and other schemes with landscape content.
- Attending meetings and court to give technical evidence on PLIC claims.
- Liaison with housing management, statutory bodies, community groups and other interested parties on all aspects of grounds maintenance, including attending meetings, site visits, discussions and briefing Housing Management on proposed projects.
- Administrative duties associated with the role.
- Degree in Landscape Design or equivalent.
- BTec Higher Diploma in Horticulture plus 1 year's relevant experience.
- BTec Higher certificate in Horticulture plus 2 year's relevant experience.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in Horticulture or landscape design. NB relevant experience would include contract supervision in a horticulture or landscape design environment, large scale planting schemes, grass cutting and litter lifting, carrying out tree surgery inspections and supervision of associated contract
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Thursday 22nd September at 10.30am.