Group Exercise Coach
Post-holder will deliver fitness coaching to a range of grouped individuals at various levels of ability, and will assist in the delivery of the Group Exercise Programme at Council's Leisure Facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
Post-holder will deliver fitness coaching to a range of grouped individuals at various levels of ability, and will assist in the delivery of the Group Exercise Programme at various Leisure Facilities.
- Planning, delivery and evaluation of fitness classes to accredited standards, for the following clients / groups:
- The general public
- Sporting or other special interest groups and clubs
- Primary / Secondary school children.
- Children and adults with physical, learning, mobility and other disabilities.
- Children and adults with a range of medical conditions
- Maintain currency in Group Exercise qualifications by completing updates in accordance with requirements of the awarding body, incorporating changes in a timely way into lesson programmes.
- Responsible for appraising management on all matters relating to technical aspects of the class content especially health and safety.
- Responsible for the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults during the Group Exercise class.
- Self-preparation of music and choreography, as required, for Group Exercise Classes
- Responsible for maintaining a level of physical fitness appropriate to safe participation and effective teaching in classes under instruction.
- Provide a quality customer care service by constant liaison with members and users, and dealing with queries / complaints promptly.
- Gather information on customers' medical problems and advise accordingly.
- Plan and review each session in conjunction with the Duty Manager.
- Assist Centre Management to control access to Group Exercise activities by permitting access only to paid-up services users.
- Qualification in Exercise to Music or equivalent qualification - essential criteria
- First Aid at Work Certificate - desirable criteria
- Experience in the delivery of group exercise fitness classes - essential criteria
- Have experience of working with members of the public and be a good team player - essential criteria
- 1 years working experience in delivering of group exercise fitness classes - desirable criteria
- Work experience in the leisure industry - desirable criteria
- Exercise class construction - essential criteria
- Workplace Health and Safety relevant to the post - essential criteria
- First Aid - essential criteria
- Access NI check (enhanced disclosure) - Essential Criteria
If you meet all of the above criteria and available for this temporary assignment please submit your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 27th September 2016.