Our Client, based in Isle of Man, is seeking to recruit a Head of Operations for their expanding Engineering facility.
Relocation Package: Offered where applicable
This is a newly created role in which the role holder will lead all aspects of manufacturing and production control across two sites. They will implement and maintain a new ERP system and will ensure continuous improvement activities plus implementation of best practice across the operation.
- Increase and improve manufacturing efficiencies, process flow and capacity.
- Process mapping of existing manufacturing routes.
- Identifying waste within the process and mapping the 'future state'.
- Review demand and material supply to determine push/pull actions appropriate to impact manufacturing MPS and MRP exception messages.
- Determine the resource and capital requirements for implementing a new machining cell or requirement for increased capacity.
- Presenting ideas and results to the Board of Directors.
- Leading the apprenticeship programme and upskilling of the team.
- Drive down direct and indirect costs to make an improvement on profitability
- Lead and instil a culture of continuous improvement across both facilities
ERP implementation and maintenance responsibilities
- The main operational site lead for the implementation of a new ERP system.
- Project manage transition from current ERP systems, ensuring seamless data transferral and liaise with both sites to ensure operational, finance and quality metrics are controlled.
- Ensure the benefits of introducing a new system translates into efficiencies for the company.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Educated to HND level or equivalent
- Engineering background
- Experience in a Senior Management position
- Led the implementation of an ERP system in an engineering environment
- Proven driver and leader of change management
- Systematic approach to controlling all operational management activities
- Innovative and forward-thinker, with a 'can do' attitude
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing improvement techniques
- Excellent communication skills
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV via the link.