Our client, a leading manufacturing company, has a vacancy for a Health and Safety Advisor at their site on the border Co Cavan / Co Fermanagh.
The company has been operating since the 1970's and they are an integral part of larger group. They are constantly evolving through technical innovation, and they are now at the forefront of providing pioneering, cost effective, construction solutions designed to meet the needs of any construction project.
As the Health and Safety Advisor, you will be required to carry out a variety of duties including;
- Writing internal health and safety policies/strategies
- Drawing-up safe operational procedures
- Undertaking risk assessments
- Identifying potential hazards
- Determining ways of reducing risks
- Planning safe working practices and making necessary changes
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/safely
- Writing reports
- Planning and providing health and safety training courses for employees and managers
- Investigating/recording incidents, accidents, complaints and cases of ill health
- Compiling statistics
- Making recommendations following accidents/incidents
- Liaising with relevant authorities
- Organising/attending health and safety meetings
- Safely handling hazardous substances
- Making regular site inspections
- Keeping up to date with developments within the profession
- Making presentations to groups of employees/managers.
Hours of work:
- Mon - Thurs 8am - 5.30pm, Fri 8am - 5pm
- 42hrs per week
The successful Health and Safety Advisor, will possess the following
- A recognised Health and Safety Qualification
- 3 years of relevant experience including experience in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Documentation skills
- Ability to analyse information
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and / or on their own initiative
- Excellent salary plus Bonus
- Free parking
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una on 028 6632 3300 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.