Health and Safety (HSEQ) Advisor
Location: County Antrim
Salary: 25k-35k negotiable plus benefits.
Top 100 Company and Winner of the 2017 Employee Health and Wellbeing Award.
Grafton Engineering Division is working in partnership with a leading Construction Company.
My Client is looking for a Health and Safety (HSEQ) Advisor to work with them in Belfast, County Antrim. The HSEQ Advisor will support the HSEQ Manager in delivering an integrated service in all aspects of HSEQ management, including supporting the development and delivery of strategic plans and objectives that support both operational requirements and the Group's governance and assurance framework for health, safety, environmental and quality management.
- Provide input into the development and delivery of effective and proactive strategies for managing HSEQ risks, and for improving HSEQ performance.
- To support the development and delivery of internal/external HSEQ training to operational teams (and other parties, where required) in line with agreed BU and/or Group HSEQ competency programmes.
- Support operational managers and project teams on a broad range of HSEQ issues, helping them to embed HSEQ policy and process where appropriate.
- Provide technical advice to operational teams in the investigation and resolution of HSEQ accidents and incidents.
- Input into the development of operational bids, supporting the bid teams to determine appropriate HSEQ strategies and responses.
- Contribute to the wider strategic, operational, financial and commercial management within the Business unit
- Engage with other HSEQ professionals in the business to ensure that good and poor HSEQ practice is communicated effectively to encourage continual improvement.
- Provide direction and support for project-based HSEQ personnel, ensuring alignment with BU and Group HSEQ requirements.
- Maintain effectiveness in a variety of roles and job tasks.
- Adhere to company policy and procedures. Seeks approval from correct authority for changes. Strive for consistency.
- Takes actions based on own convictions rather than a desire to please others. Is willing to question the current practices.
- Appreciation of the need for controls and maintenance of control over processes, people and activities. Ensures control of this.
- Ability to prioritise workload and work independently.
- Actively influence the events rather than passively accepting actions.
- Make clear presentation of the ideas and facts and convince others of this point of view. Also to gain agreement or acceptance of the plans.
- Set high work standards for one's self and others within the administration function. This will include a drive and passion for improving standards across the company.
- Resilience - Maintain effectiveness in situations of disappointment or rejection.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and with external bodies. Has a high impact as a communicator - verbally, written and in meetings
- Demonstrates analytical, creative and proactive thinking
- Will need to have the flexibility and mobility to be able to cover a large geographical area
In addition to the above criteria the Health and Safety (HSEQ) Advisor should display the following competencies:
- Qualification in a relevant subject related to construction health and safety management (e.g., NEBOSH Certificate) or equivalent qualifications/experience.
- IOSH member
- Associate member of IEMA (or equivalent qualifications / experience)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of HSEQ generalist skills
- Sound working knowledge of HSEQ law, and relevant sector-specific HSEQ standards in relation to construction/building and asset management services
- Technical Skills & Ability in Generalist HSEQ
The successful Health and Safety (HSEQ) Advisor will enjoy an attractive salary plus the Company will provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work / life priorities.
The Health and Safety (HSEQ) Advisor will ideally live within commuting distance of Belfast, however the client is willing to speak with candidates that may be open to travel or even relocation.
Interested Health and Safety (HSEQ) Advisors can apply buy submitting a completed CV via the link on the job board.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact James Manley on 02890 323333 or 07977 500956.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.