Health and Safety (HSEQ) Manager
Location: County Antrim
Salary: 45k-55k negotiable plus benefits.
Top 100 Company and Winner of the 2017 Employee Health and Wellbeing Award.
Grafton Engineering Division is working in partnership with a leading Construction Company.
My Client is looking for a Health and Safety (HSEQ) Manager to work with them in Belfast, County Antrim. The HSEQ Manager will partner with the Business Unit Director, their management teams and the HSEQ Director to provide an integrated service in all aspects of HSEQ management. This will involve the development and delivery of strategic plans and objectives that support both operational requirements and the Group's governance and assurance framework for health, safety, environmental and quality management.
Reporting to the Board, the Health and Safety (HSEQ) Manager will:
- Provide leadership across the business unit on the development of effective and proactive strategies for managing HSEQ risks, and for improving HSEQ performance.
- Act as a coach and mentor to operational managers on a broad range of HSEQ issues, supporting them in embedding HSEQ policy and process where appropriate.
- Provide leadership support to operational directors in the investigation and resolution of HSEQ accidents and incidents.
- Support the management of operational bids through leading on the development of HSEQ strategies and responses.
- Contribute to the wider strategic, operational, financial and commercial management within the Business unit
- Proactively assess any commercial opportunities for the delivery of fee-earning HSEQ services to existing and potential client groups.
- Engage with other HSEQ professionals in the business to ensure that good and poor HSEQ practice is communicated effectively to encourage continual improvement.
- Work with Business unit directors, Human Resources and the HSEQ Director to develop and implement an effective HSEQ training and competency framework.
- Play an active role in the Lagan HSEQ Board, contributing to the development of Group HSEQ policy and improvement programmes.
- Provide direction and support for project-based HSEQ personnel, ensuring alignment with BU and Group HSEQ requirements.
- Commercially aware with a breadth of experience as a HSEQ generalist
- Can operate as a Manager and influence at a senior level
- Able to quickly establish credibility and maintains positive & productive working relationships with colleagues
- Able to organise and manage self effectively
- Has a high impact as a communicator - verbally, written and in meetings
- Able to build and maintain customer relationships, understands corporate environment and aware of implications of internal and external politics
- Personal drive and commitment towards delivery of results, through others where necessary
- Demonstrates analytical, creative and proactive thinking
- Will need to have the flexibility and mobility to be able to cover a large geographical area
In addition to the above criteria the Health and Safety (HSEQ) Manager should display the following competencies:
- Diploma in Safety Management, or equivalent qualifications/experience
- Chartered status or working towards Chartered status with the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH).
- Associate member of IEMA (or equivalent qualifications / experience)
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of HSEQ generalist skills
- Sound working knowledge of HSEQ law, and relevant sector-specific HSEQ standards in relation to civil engineering and the operation of construction plant & equipment.
- Technical Skills & Ability in Generalist HSEQ
The successful Health and Safety (HSEQ) Manager will enjoy an attractive salary plus the Company will provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work / life priorities.
The Health and Safety (HSEQ) Manager will ideally live within commuting distance of Belfast, however the client is willing to speak with candidates that may be open to travel or even relocation.
Interested Health and Safety (HSEQ) Managers can apply buy submitting a completed CV via the link on the job board.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact James Manley on 02890 323333 or 07977 500956.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.