Our client a leading manufacturer based in Ballinrobe is looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join their team.
The Health & Safety Manager reports to the General Manager and is solely responsible for the Environmental Health and Safety function. The key responsibilities include:
- Champion the Environmental, Health & Safety agenda for the company & create culture of best practice
- Ensure full compliance with Environmental, Health & Safety legislation
- Establish & regularly review policies to create & maintain a safe workplace
- Conduct & evaluate hazards & risks to ensure continuous improvement
- Develop & manage a comprehensive Environmental Management System
- Enforce high standards of housekeeping throughout all facilities
- Identify H&S training needs, devise & deliver appropriate training
- Communicate relevant H&S information to employees at briefings, on noticeboards & on signage
- Coordinate the Health & Safety Committee, ensuring appropriate Department Representatives are chosen and chair productive meetings with measurable solutions & outcomes
- Responsibility for ensuring the Company Safety Statement is a working document and relevant managers & employees are aware of its contents
- Develop strong working relationships with Facilities Managers, Quality Manager and other key Managers to ensure cooperation & support with E,H&S matters
- Ensure detailed records are maintained and required testing is conducted in the areas of chemical, emission & water
- Investigate all work related accidents & put identify appropriate actions to eradicate. Ensure accidents resulting in three days or more absence are reported to HSA
- Monitor & inspect employees for compliance with PPE and other regulations. Together with HR Manager ensure disciplinary action is taken for non-compliance
- Make recommendations on improvements & preventative measures
- Report on H&S awareness, issues & statistics
- Effectively manage Company Job Safety Awareness (JSA) programme
- Liaise with Health & Safety Authority, Environmental Protection Agency and other regulatory bodies to ensure compliance with legislation, guidelines & best practice
- Promote the importance of H&S to visitors and ensure factory tours are conducted safely
- Take proactive approach to managing safety, health and welfare responsibilities and deal with them in a systematic way
- Ensure company meets expectations for all inspections & audits
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment
- Academic qualification in the field of environmental health and safety
- Fluent English
- Ability to demonstrate proficient knowledge of the legislation
- A confident and assertive personality
- Excellent salary and benefits on offer.
- Excellent location in Ballinrobe
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have to tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 5175040.