This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful business which continues to evolve and grow. They work with clients throughout GB and Ireland to help build their construction ambitions into reality. Their success is achieved through the high calibre of staff they employ and their continued investment in to excellent training and development opportunities.
They are seeking to appoint a Senior Health and Safety Manager, with competitive salary and benefits package, based at their facility in County Antrim.
Health and Safety Manager:
The Health & Safety Manager will have overall responsibility for further improving safety standards by implementing industry best practice and working closely with the management team to ensure compliance with current health and safety legislation.
The is a senior appointment and the successful candidate will play an integral role in the health and safety management in our quarrying, manufacturing, transport and construction activities. Reporting in to the Health and Safety Director, you will have daily management responsibility of 3 other Health and Safety Officers, as well as implementing, managing and maintaining best Health and Safety practice.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, Implementation and Maintenance of IMS, management of external third party accreditation of same (Safe-T-Cert, 18001, 9001 & 14001)
- Training company staff in use of system
- Monitoring compliance on all live construction sites, particular emphasis on Health & Safety Performance
- Carrying out regular audits across all sites and ensuring any issues arising are resolved
- Production of ongoing monthly compliance reports to inform company decision makers
- Production of Project specific documentation including Construction Stage Health, Safety Plans, Project Quality Management Plans, activity method statements, risk assessments etc.
- Attending meetings with Clients to discuss Health & Safety issues
- General oversight role to ensure all company operations are conducted in line with various policies and procedures
Applicants must have
- Must have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a Health & Safety Management role.
- A minimum of 5 year's experience directly in construction health and safety.
- Previous experience of managing a team of health and safety personnel.
- Strong knowledge of Health & Safety legislation, relevant codes of practice along with the ability to implement risk assessments and safe systems of work in line with these.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the buildability of large precast structures along with knowledge of CDM and temporary works procedures.
- Must have NEBOSH diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum graduate member of IOSH and working towards CMIOSH.
For further information on this position, or to apply, please contact James Manley on 07977 500 956 or 02890 32 3333.