Health and Safety Officer | Utilities Company | Permanent Role
Leading independent energy company in the all-Ireland market. One of Ireland's 20 Best Large Employers, our people are at the heart of our business - we offer competitive reward packages, an extensive Health & Wellbeing programme, and support for your ongoing learning and development. We also offer a welcoming working environment built around high-performing teams, and the scope to grow your career and take on new challenges.
Reporting to the Renewables O&M Manager, the Health & Safety Officer will have responsibility for managing the Health and Safety programme across all renewables sites in NI and ROI. This key role will implement and monitor safe working practices and procedures in accordance with legislation across all sites. The main responsibilities of this role are listed but not limited to the below. The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the jobholder to meet the demands of the job.
- Ensure the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation communicate relevant changes to the business
- Deliver Health & Safety induction programmes for contractors and employees working on site.
- Update and monitor the renewables health & safety management system
- Ensure training for all renewables staff on HSE matters is kept up to date
- Ensure that job specific Health & Safety plans, risk assessments and method statements are prepared and reviewed for all work
- Carry out risk assessments across the sites, and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Carry out routine inspections and site audits
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable corrective measures are put in place
- Record incidents and accidents and produce reports and statistics to best industry practice
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Work with an external consultant to implement ISO 140001 & OHSAS 180001 accreditation
- Assist with HSE responsibilities in other parts of the business as required
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Must possess a third level qualification in Occupational H&S, a NEBOSH general certificate standard or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a Health & Safety role with experience in managing multiple sites
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out risk assessments and conducting audits
- Must be a strong team player who proactively contributes to the objectives of the whole team
- A self-motivated individual who attains to deliver on objectives to achieve excellent results
- Takes ownership of issues, provides the right solution and keeps stakeholders up to date with progress
- Excellent attention to detail while at all times acting in the best interests of the organisation as a whole
- Proven experience in the Renewables area
- Work for one of Ireland's Top 50 Businesses
- Competitive Reward Package (Pension, Healthcare)
- Ongoing learning and development support
The successful candidate will be required to travel across locations and therefore it is essential that they hold a full, clean driving license to be considered for this role. The successful candidate must also have the capability to work at heights. Please note site attendance both in ROI and NI will be a feature of the role.
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Swords branch on 01-8900190 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.