Health and Safety Officer
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Health & Safety Officer will have responsibility for managing the Health and Safety programme. This key role will implement and monitor safe working practices and procedures in accordance with legislation. The main responsibilities of this role are listed but not limited to the below. The job requires a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the jobholder to meet the demands of the job.
- Ensure the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation communicate relevant changes to the business
- Deliver Health & Safety induction programmes for contractors and employees working on site.
- Carry out risk assessments across the sites, and consider how risks could be reduced.
- Carry out routine inspections and site audits
- Ensure that all accidents are reported, recorded and investigated and that suitable corrective measures are put in place
- Record incidents and accidents and produce reports and statistics to best industry practice
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Must possess a third level qualification in Occupational H&S, a NEBOSH general certificate standard or equivalent.
- Proven experience in a Health & Safety role
- Demonstrable experience of carrying out risk assessments and conducting audits
- Must be a strong team player who proactively contributes to the objectives of the whole team
- A self-motivated individual who attains to deliver on objectives to achieve excellent results
- Takes ownership of issues, provides the right solution and keeps stakeholders up to date with progress
- Excellent attention to detail while at all times acting in the best interests of the organisation as a whole
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Swords branch on 01-8900190 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.