My client who is a multi-disciplined Building Services Contractor with a turnover approaching £50million are looking for a Health & Safety officer for their head office based in Co. Down.
PLEASE NOTE this role will require the successful candidate to travel to other company locations across the UK on a weekly basis.
In this position, you will be working as part of a health & safety team and be required to carry out health & safety site audits, write up method statements & risk assessments, carry out toolbox talks, produce health & safety reports, carry out accident investigations and take part in audits by third parties.
Responsibilities of role:
- Working under and reporting to Health & Safety Manager
- Carrying out health & safety site audits on large construction sites and writing up reports
- Producing Method Statements for predominantly Mechanical & Electrical works but also general building works.
- Reviewing subcontractor Method Statements & Risk Assessments
- Completing Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for tenders
- Carrying out Toolbox Talks with site operatives
- Take part in audits carried out by external auditing bodies.
- Carrying out in-house training such as Manual Handing, Abrasive Wheels & Face Fit Testing.
- Attending health & safety site meetings as required.
- Carrying out accident investigations and produce reports.
- Liaising with local authorities and statutory bodies such as HSE as required
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety
- CSR / CSCS Card
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Calm and decisive under pressure
- Perseverance and tenacity to resolve the health & safety challenges that arise within the construction industry
- Experience of working under OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety Management System
- Ability to manage and multi task multiple issues to successful conclusion
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Willingness to develop Health & Safety knowledge
- Proficient in communication through the written word and presenting to senior management / main contractors in both written and oral formats
- Full UK driving license
- 3+ years' experience in a Health & Safety Officers Role
- Experience in working under accreditation bodies such as Achilles, CHAS, SMAS & Constructionline
- Experience working as a health & safety officer within Mechanical or Electrical disciplines.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Environmental Management
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety
- Criteria may be enhanced to facilitate shortlisting
Job Type: Full-time permanent.
For more information or to apply to this role please contact James Manley at Grafton Engineering Recruitment on 02890 323333 or 07977 500956.