Health and Safety Officer
Location: County Down
Salary: 25k-35k negotiable plus benefits.
UK's primary multi £million Building Services Provider
Grafton Engineering Division is working in partnership with a leading Building Services who are seeking a Health and Safety Officer.
My Client is looking for a Health and Safety Officer to work with them in County Down, although travel to other sites across the UK will be required. The Health and Safety Officer will be required to carry out health & safety site audits, write up method statements & risk assessments, carry out toolbox talks, produce health & safety reports, carry out accident investigations and take part in audits by third parties.
- Working under and reporting to Group Health & Safety Manager
- Carrying out health & safety site audits on large construction sites and writing up reports
- Producing Method Statements for predominantly Mechanical & Electrical works but also general building works.
- Reviewing subcontractor Method Statements & Risk Assessments
- Completing Pre-Qualification Questionnaires for tenders
- Carrying out Toolbox Talks with site operatives
- Take part in audits carried out by external auditing bodies.
- Carrying out in-house training such as Manual Handing, Abrasive Wheels & Face Fit Testing.
- Attending health & safety site meetings as required.
- Carrying out accident investigations and produce reports.
- Liaising with local authorities and statutory bodies such as HSE as required
- Any other duties required to fulfil the requirements of the position
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety
- CSR / CSCS Card
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Calm and decisive under pressure
- Perseverance and tenacity to resolve the health & safety challenges that arise within the construction industry
- Experience of working under OHSAS 18001 Health & Safety Management System
- Ability to manage and multi task multiple issues to successful conclusion
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Willingness to develop Health & Safety knowledge
- Proficient in communication through the written word and presenting to senior management / main contractors in both written and oral formats
- Full UK driving license
In addition to the above criteria the Health and Safety Officer should display the following competencies:
- 3+ years' experience in a Health & Safety Officers Role
- Experience in working under accreditation bodies such as Achilles, CHAS, SMAS & Constructionline
- Experience working as a health & safety officer within Mechanical or Electrical disciplines.
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Environmental Management
- NEBOSH National Certificate in Fire Safety
The successful Health and Safety Officer will enjoy an attractive starting salary of around £30,000 per annum depending on experience plus Company benefits. You will also experience ongoing training and support as well as being exposed to a wide range of projects both here and throughout the UK.
The Health and Safety Officer will ideally live within the County Down area, however the client is willing to speak with candidates that may be open to travel or even relocation.
Interested Health and Safety Officers can apply buy submitting a completed CV via the link on the job board.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact James Manley on 02890 323333 or 07977 500956.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Accountancy & Finance, Engineering, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Manufacturing, Procurement and Sales & Marketing.